Job Description – Business Development Sales Rep
The Business Development Sales Rep (BDSR) is responsible for landing key accounts in the categories of grocery, convenience store, food service, specialty retail, and big box retail. The BDSR will work with the sales team to create snack solutions for the new customer by understanding their business culture and business challenges. The BDSR ensures profitable growth in sales revenue through execution of the sales strategy.
· A proven record of forming and building (lasting) relationships with F500 CPG and retail brands; extensive experience in developing national key accounts.
· Superior business development, presentation and communication skills.
· The ability to contribute meaningfully strategic business plans (including product category strategy level strategy) for all prospective key accounts.
· Nurture and maintain a pipeline of new prospects as outlined in the strategic sales plan that the has been designed by the VP of Sales). Proactively contact prospects, inbound leads, referrals and target accounts.
· Play the lead role in new business presentations and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new customers.
· Collaborate with executive team to establish and execute a sales goal for key account development.
· Maintain opportunities in CRM, Sugar, and assure that all notes, revenue forecasts, updated contacts and documents are updated daily (as new interaction with the customer occurs).
· Manage deliverables in the project management software, Base Camp, and meet or exceed all project deadlines.
· Lead all negotiating with customers on programs and involve the executive team as needed.
· Participate in networking events such as seminars and trade shows.
· Travel as needed within an assigned geographic territory.
· Able to work successfully from a home office.