Business Development Rep
- Dallas, TX
The BDR will become an outbound prospecting machine. You will learn about business modeling and analytics that are becoming a “must have” for today’s top performing companies. You will become a guru at understanding our target industries spanning across hundreds of companies and worldwide geographic territories. You will learn the key roles and responsibilities of the prospects you are targeting so that you are set up to have successful and business savvy conversations that uncover opportunity for engagement.
Most important, you will be rewarded for the hard work you put in by added responsibilities and leadership opportunities as the team continues to rapidly expand!
- Focus on generating all new business (no account management or upselling at this point)
- Goals include advancing the prospect through discovery with high level qualifying process followed by a demo
- Communicate with prospective clients 1-2 times each week knowing that it takes about 8-9 touches
- Daily focus on finding 10 new prospects through various sourcing tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Compose professional, attention-grabbing emails and have a warm yet commanding telephone presence
- Occasionally (1-2 times per month), the BDR can get out meeting people F2F with Account Executives
- Strong working relationship with cross-functional teams internally who will also play a key part in winning the buisness
- The progression includes the Intro Meeting/Discovery, Product Demo, On-Site Customer Workshop to vet solution requirements, and then attending onsite meetings with potential client and start a Proof of Concept (or proof of technology)
- The BDR targets anyone from a director to a VP title (typically avoiding C level) leader in ops, supply chain, sales/ops, planning (or strategic planning
- Attend key conferences throughout the year; e.g. Gartner Supply Chain (Phoenix), Chicago, O&G conferences in Houston, etc.). The team will also occasionally attend sales training conferences such as Sales Hacker San Francisco!
Tuesday, May 1, 2018