A leader in the corrugated packaging industry is presently seeking candidates for a full time Sales Representative in our organization. We are seeking a candidate who resides in the Louisville, Kentucky, area or one who is willing to relocate to this area.
Best Reasons to Work for Our Packaging Client
· Family owned environment/culture
· Approaching leadership
· Top down approach to goals and bonuses; all want same end results
· Customer centric mentality very important to them
· High customer retention
· Low employee turnover
· Strong opportunity for future growth
· Establishing relationships with new customers, securing contracts with new and existing customers to achieve assigned sales quotas and targets.
· Prospecting for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking, business directories, trade shows, industry ads and other sources. Strategic planning.
· Qualifying prospects against company criteria.
· Providing solutions to existing and potential customers about their business challenges.
· Partnering closely with General Manager to establish new target accounts.
· Working with Plant Designers, Customer Service, Production, Shipping and other internal departments as an effective team member to create packaging solutions that fit the needs of the customer and the manufacturing capabilities of the Plant.
· Providing management with regular updates and reports on sales activities.
· Effectively communicating with Customer Service regarding customer requirements and special needs and to offer world class service to customers on every order placed.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
· 4 year Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum: high school diploma/G.E.D.
· At least 5 years successful sales experience. Manufacturing environment, specifically corrugated packaging, would be a plus.
· Clean driving record and valid driver’s license required as well as insurability consistent with the requirements of the Company held insurance policy.
· Self-starter, driven, competitive, optimistic, confident.
· Ability to establish relationships and build rapport. Desire to network.
· Social and web savvy – ability to use these tools to uncover and engage with qualified prospects.
· Perseverance, resilience.
· Innovative – always looking for creative methods to be successful in their job.
· Strong desire to succeed and be rewarded for hard work and determination.
· Availability to travel extensively to various company owned plants for training during the training period. During the training period, overnight travel for up to a week at a time may be required. After the training period, candidate must be willing to drive throughout assigned territory as well as make regular visits to the plant in Indiana.
· Driving Record should not have any DUI or reckless operations as they will have to pass background check with a clean driving record. The candidate’s insurability must be consistent with the requirements of the company held insurance policy
Compensation & Benefits
· Base will depend on experience (industry, non-industry, book of business, years, etc.). Will pay for good people
· Company vehicle, laptop and company phone provided
· Expense account which is reimbursed weekly
· 401k profit sharing
· Health care benefits, dental, company paid life and short term disability and voluntary life or disability are available as well