SR. Security Device Engineer
- Remote, Anywhere, United States
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
We are looking for a Senior Device Security Engineer who is interested in working across the entire technology stack; from device hardware, firmware, through mobile applications, communication protocols, and into back-end cloud software and infrastructure. We don’t require ‘full stack experience’, but we do expect you to be a subject matter expert in at least one area.
Ideal candidates can come from many different backgrounds — you may be a software engineer who is passionate about security, a bug bounty researcher, have already worked in product security teams, or you’ve had experience working as a security consultant.
Product Security goes beyond finding and eliminating security vulnerabilities in our products; we want to stop them occurring in the first place. As a team, we’re passionate about root cause analysis; training and awareness; driving security in product road maps; and improving on core frameworks, infrastructure or detection tooling.
- Expertise in programming languages like Java, C, C++, Kotlin etc.
- Deep knowledge of PKI namely, ciphers like AES,3DES, hash functions like MD5, SHA-1,2,3, cryptography like RSA, DSA, ECC
- Have worked with signing infrastructure like primekey for signing Android/Linux binaries
- Advanced knowledge of creating various device/client certificates with openssl and established root-of-trust
- Have worked on securing device identity with factory key provisioning, device data confidentiality with enabling disk-encryption, device integrity with secure boot/e-fuse, device attestation support with keybox, on mobile SOCs like Qualcomm,MediaTek, NxP and others
- Configuring security policies on Android for SE-Linux for various applications/services/processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Android application sandboxing and secure data sharing between different apps and services
- Have supported all aspects of device security on at least one commercial device
- Understand the tradeoff between security and ease-of-use/support
- Demonstrable experience with tailoring the security requirements in support of a device's or company's privacy goals.
- Advanced knowledge of revision control and code review tools like git, gerrit and build infrastructure like gradle, maven, jenkins
- Security assessment methodologies
- Code comprehension in two or more languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, Kotlin)
- Developing and running scripts for automated static code analysis and worked with tools like Klocwork, Coverity etc.
- Common security flaws in two or more modern tech stacks. For example:
- Android mobile applications/frameworks
- Cloud connected Services
- Security by design
- Threat modelling (e.g. STRIDE, DREAD, etc.)
- Securing IOT devices/appliances
- Scripting & Automation
- Ability to automate common tasks in Python
- Device Security Validation
- Have taken a device through penetration testing with external security partners
- Worked with various stakeholders to mitigate threats found in penetration testing
- Continue to drive security postproduction
- BSCS, BSCE or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience required
Thursday, October 15, 2020