Responsible for overseeing all aspects related to the creation, management, and execution of annual fundraising campaigns with a focus on signature special events. This includes securing sponsorship, participant recruitment, volunteer involvement, team building, marketing, budget, timelines, evaluation, and logistics.
Managing one team Member - Development Manager
- Responsible for raising funds through special events, individual & corporate giving, non-governmental grants & other income sources utilizing the implementation of best practices
- Develop, implement, and monitor plans to meet area fundraising goals. If necessary, be prepared to develop a contingency plan to successfully meet fundraising goals and complete activities
- Implement local fundraising events including securing sponsors & recruiting fundraising participants.
- Recruit, train & supervise development staff & volunteers.
- Develop and implement relationship-focused initiatives aimed at bringing new donor and partner prospects into the organization’s pipeline
- Submit timely program reports
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, identify, recruit, and lead high-level volunteer committees (Growth Committees) comprised of business leaders and local influencers in Nevada with a goal of driving awareness, and creating relationships that advance the mission through increased revenue and networks.
- Launch and oversee a sub-committee to execute logistics and boost recruitment in the surrounding areas.
- Recruit, manage and coach community event team captains and volunteers.
- Manage Special Events Manager/Coordinator ensuring volunteer recruitment, e-communications, and adherence to the timeline for a successful event.
- Responsible for cross-functional collaboration with Programs and Advocacy to ensure robust representation at all fundraising events
- Oversee all event solicitations. Oversee budget and logistics preparation. Work closely with a variety of vendors and venues necessary for event execution.
- Oversee and manage event project timelines. Monitor and prepare ongoing event progress reports. Evaluate event results and use analysis to prepare recommendations for future events as needed.
- Cultivate relationships and effectively engage volunteers. Work with the Development team to cultivate event attendees.
- Work closely with regional and national colleagues.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising experience including special event planning and management, individual & corporate giving, and non-governmental grant acquisition
- Must have experience with leading and managing staff
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and stewarding high-level volunteers, donors, and sponsors
- Experience with non-profit budget building and management