As Operational Accounting Controller, you will oversee the accounting and financial operations of the company and carry out the company’s financial activities through your team. You will also be responsible for integrating systems, process improvement and participate in creating the long-term financial strategy of the company.
* Manage the accounting staff and ensure that work is completed accurately and timely.
* Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
* Manage general ledger accuracy to ensure the reliability of financial statements.
* Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
* Collaborate with other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
* Work with Corporate Controller to ensure proper internal controls are being performed and support a successful year end audit.
* Document process and procedures to assist in training to new and existing staff as needed.
* Work with direct reports to focus on development by establishing and accomplishing defined goals and objectives.
* Management of special projects as assigned
* Understanding of math and statistics used to explain and analyze business and financial performance
* Able to lead month end process (monthly, quarterly, annually) – holding people accountable speeds up the process and ensures deadlines are met
* Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
* Passionate and self-directed/accountable to drive results
* Strong talent assessment and development abilities
* Ability to influence results through others
* Strong project management skills
* Adapts to the needs of the business and people while being agile in thought and actions
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA or CPA preferred