Supply Chain Analyst
- Grenada, MS, United States
Investigates and manages plant inventory issues to improve inventory accuracy through data mining and analysis. This position is responsible for supply chain-related tasks, including order fulfillment, tracking and planning customer orders, analyzing and managing customer demand, scheduling production and shipping, communication with the customer to manage order fulfillment, and planning raw materials purchases and releases.
- Assure availability of materials for effective and efficient manufacturing and on-time shipment in balance with corporate objectives regarding appropriate levels of inventory
- Communicate with customers and production about demand and analyze, communicate, and coordinate the production schedule to meet the customer demand.
- Communicate with steel suppliers and manage steel releases and the inventory strategy for steel.
- Manage the layout in the placement of raw materials inventory, especially steel.
- Work directly with manufacturing, shipping/receiving, quality, and finance to develop cost reduction methods, quality improvement, and efficiency opportunities concerning issuing and receiving material.
- Build integrity within the MRP/ERP framework by developing processes to ensure inventory accuracy and all associates reporting proper work order quantities.
- Analyze and manage the work order/shop floor traveler process and manage these documents.
- Assists with MRP system issues on projects related to inventory accuracy and assists with the training required.
- Develops and improves planning tools in excel and other quantitative and qualitative analyses of sales, inventory, and forecasting.
- Formulate, implement and control JIT models such as Kanban and Supermarkets to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Review long-term forecast, understand lead times, and manage long and short-term inventory strategies.
- Other projects as assigned
Wednesday, June 29, 2022