Technical Project Lead
- San Francisco, CA
The Technical Project Lead will be a member of the Video Collaboration team creating video conferencing products.
Who you are:
- You will have passion to work on new and disruptive techniques such as AI/deep learning/machine learning solutions in the field of improving audio processing.
- You will have practical knowledge and success bringing up hardware systems
- You will have practical knowledge of audio streaming and compression approaches for realtime audio communications
- You enjoy interacting with the product team to provide guidance for next generation products
- You will have skills and expertise in working with ODM manufacturers.
- You are very comfortable designing and documenting your system designs
- You will work as part of the System Engineering team help prototype and define technology roadmaps for future headset projects
- You will evaluate and analyze new software methodologies and hardware technologies
- You will be an active participant both as an individual contributor and development team member in new product development from concept into volume production
- Contribute to hardware architecture using your experience with ?Bluetooth, BLE, and wireless
- Work closely with product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed and implemented components.
- Take ownership of the implementation of individual components, with high emphasis on quality, test-driven development, and sound engineering practices
- 10+ years experience in leading multi-disciplined technical teams
- Ability to read and understand EE circuits
- Ability to understand 3D mechanical engineering drawings
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols, including DECT, BT, BTE, wireless
- Knowledge of low power EE designs, battery usage/charging
- Knowledge of firmware coding, debugging, CPU memory and processor architecture
- Advanced expertise in hardware communication, including USB, I2S, I2SC, and UART
- Knowledge of basic realtime digital audio communication algorithms and approaches
- Knowledge of low-latency digital audio communication
- Experience developing realtime systems with low latency and high data rates
- Experience with Microsoft standardized testing of headsets
- Proficient in performance analysis and optimization techniques.
- Previous headset experience
- Experience using Source Control / Project Tracking systems (Github, Jenkins, Jira)
- Ability to lead technical engineers to build requirements, designs, and verification plans.
- Attention to details and ability to work independently
- Proficiency in coding with embedded C/C++
- Knowledge of audio compression/decompression algorithms and tradeoffs
- Implementation and verification of algorithms and audio features
- Experience with RF antenna design and standardized EMI testing approaches
o B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience as an Engineer in Headset or personal audio equipment field
Thursday, July 16, 2020