HVAC Commercial Controls Engineer
Quest Energy Group
- Boston, MA
Experienced in Commercial HVAC Controls Engineering and looking for an exciting opportunity?
Individual MUST have
- 2 - 12 years experience
- Knowledge of computer networking systems
- Experience in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to HVAC Control
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation preferred
- Must be in the Greater Boston, MA area
- Must be US Citizen / US Perm Resident
The Controls Engineer (Hardware/Software) is responsible for technical aspects for the automation and commercial HVAC projects assigned.
- Use company or customer design standards to create project shop drawings per project documentation.
- Read and understand project specifications and MEP drawing sets
- Select materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards.
- Submit material order forms for all project required materials to the purchasing group, if required.
- Utilize company or customer standard programs for designing the graphic function blocks for assigned projects
- Test the project’s programs to ensure they meet the specified sequences of operation and that they perform according to industry standards
- Inspect HVAC system including point-to-point, determining the proper operating ranges for field devices, as well as complete functional system checkouts
- Create project database utilizing company and customer standards
- Conduct graphics engineering functions which includes: creating equipment and floor plan graphics per project documents, create Automated Logic’s graphics submittal packages as required, review graphics as a completed package, for completeness and accuracy, develop and maintain graphic library, and participate in solution of job-related graphic problems