Big Data Architect
Rainmaker Consulting Resources
- Houston, TX
Your role will focus on defining and managing the architecture of Big Data platforms for clients, helping the data management team to ensure efficient and reliable operation of the system by making key design decisions on application architecture. You will solve some of the problems hands-on by developing scripts and quick solutions to help the organization automate tasks within the client's infrastructure. This role is not just focused on architecture, but requires hands-on experience. The individual hired for this position will have the opportunity to grow and manage a Big Data Practice.
Will transfer or sponsor an H-1 visa candidate.
- Perform architecture design, data modeling, and implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications for clients
- Architect and implement complex big data solutions
- Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enable collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets
- Drive architecture engagement models and be an ambassador for partnership with delivery and external vendors.
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical business and executive leaders
- At least three years of experience with Hadoop, HortonWorks or related technologies
- At least 5+ years of experience with Java opensource frameworks and tools
- Big Data Analytic frameworks and query tools
- ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools
- Continuous delivery and deployment using Agile Methodologies
- Data Warehouse and DataMart design and implementation
- Data modeling of relational and dimensional databases
Tuesday, May 8, 2018