NTN has an immediate opening for an Applications Engineer in the Industrial Aftermarket group. This role provides technical support and solutions for a customer base in our central region that includes Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia. The person in this position will work remotely from his or her home with a target location in Indianapolis. Other locations within the region located close to a major airport will also be considered.
Support sales for all necessary engineering activity.
Perform hands-on problem solving of various mechanical equipment types and processes at end users.
Complete application studies to specify NTN product and technical recommendations for various customer applications.
Complete failure analysis to support customer activity.
Travel 50% to end users to provide technical support and training for NTN products.
Seek opportunities to generate solutions that result in tangible value for our customers.
Initiate new bearing designs based on the needs uncovered working directly with end users.
Manage NTN processes through our CRM tool in order to deliver value added services.
· Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred. Candidates with alternate relevant degrees and significant experience will also be considered.
· 3+ years engineering experience in the rolling bearing industry experience is preferred.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to perform detailed technical analysis of customer applications, offer product recommendations and aid in the design process.
· Willingness to travel 50%.
· Knowledge and application of appropriate industry standards and manufacturing processes.
· Industry experience to support Food & Beverage, Oil & Gas, Metals, Machine Tool, Mining, and Paper markets
· Live close to major airport