Senior Environmental Project Manager - Environmental Consulting
- Providence, RI
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) provides leadership on a variety of multi-disciplinary project teams focused on environmental and engineering consulting, etc. and plays a key role in delivering the “above and beyond" experience for our clients and by building relationships of long term trust. As a Ransom consultant you will work on all aspects of projects with multi-disciplinary teams to enhance your growth and professional development.
In addition to core project management responsibilities, the SPM provides leadership in staff management and development and bringing in new consulting opportunities that leverage Ransom’s capabilities.
Project Management and Business Management:
- Collaborate with Office Managers and VPs to initiate projects including establishing project teams, developing initiation documents, project schedules, statement of work and cost estimates. Ensure that project teams have the correct resources for technical expertise and to optimize project cost structure.
- Manage project implementation ensuring coordination of project resources to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule, and to resolve issues related to scope or resource changes.
- Serves as the primary client contact for assigned projects providing regular updates to ensure clarity of expectations and timely communication and resolution of issues, scope change, etc.
- Maximize project profitability by ensuring that project costs are managed within project budget, and communicate budget changes to appropriate client contact/staff. Issue timely project budget change notices to appropriate client contact and internal staff.
- Prepare and submit timesheets, purchase orders, equipment and expense reports timely and in accordance with Ransom’s SOPs to ensure timely and correct client invoicing.Ensure that assigned staff adhere to SOPs for time and expense reporting.
- Meet or exceed utilization, cost-offs, A/R, project gross profit targets.
Field Work and Document Preparation
- Design and/or provide supervision and technical support for field investigations, field assessments, remediation system installation and evaluation. Examples include overburden and bedrock drilling programs, test pitting, well gauging and ground water sampling/surveying, soil sampling, surface water and sediment sampling, hydraulic conductivity tests, pump tests, geophysical assessments, new water source evaluations.
- Provide ‘final senior review’ to all reports, letters, work plans, etc. ensuring quality, appropriate use of templates/boiler plates, and providing technical review commensurate with expertise.
Client Relationships and Business Development
- Maintain regular contact with clients to ensure timely updates and also to understand their current and future needs to identify additional consulting opportunities.
- Understand the full scope of Ransom’s consulting capabilities across all offices to promote opportunities and identify potential clients.
- Engage in appropriate professional and community organizations to optimize business development opportunities.
- Meet business development targets for client acquisition and retention.
Staff Management, Mentoring and Collaboration
- Supervisor assigned staff to ensure quality of work and expansion of knowledge and expertise, and support career development plans. Provide feedback and performance management to ensure staff meet performance expectations.
- Mentor junior and technical staff to share expertise and enhance their technical and professional learning.
- Build and maintain positive work relationships with co-workers in all offices ensuring timely communication and resolution of issues.
- Provide leadership in cultivating and maintaining a positive work culture.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an environmentally oriented field (e.g. environmental engineering, geology, hydrology, etc.)
- 15+ years professional experience in an environmental consulting or engineering company (advanced degree may count toward the experience requirement)
- Professional Certification (e.g. Professional Engineer, Licensed Site Professional, Licensed Environmental Professional, Professional Geologist, Certified Industrial Hygienist, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and mentoring staff as well as supporting a positive work culture.
- Demonstrated success in client acquisition and retention
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively plan and execute projects, prioritizing work and communicating scope changes in a timely manner
- Excellent writing skills to complete technical reports
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with clients and co-workers
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work in a field environment exposed to temperature extremes and other environmental factors
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to job sites throughout Ransom’s geographic region (can be up to 3+ hours away)
Due to potential exposure to hazardous materials, this position requires participation in the medical monitoring program.
Sunday, January 12, 2020