Environmental Project Scientist
- Providence, RI
The Environmental Project Scientist serves on a variety of multi-disciplinary project teams responsible for conducting and/or participating in environmental investigations and remediation projects. We hire geologists, environmental scientists, engineers, or industrial hygienists for this important consulting role.
Primary duties include:
- Conducts site reconnaissance and municipal, state and federal file reviews in support of due diligence projects and reports.
- Conduct field investigations, including but not limited to overburden and bedrock drilling programs, test pitting, well gauging and ground water sampling/surveying, indoor air sampling;
- Conduct field hydro-geological assessments including hydraulic conductivity tests, pump tests, geophysical assessments;
- Oversee subcontractors to ensure timely and within project scope and budget;
- Submit sampling to approved vendors ensuring appropriate chain of custody of documentation is completed, authorized and filed.
- Remediation system installation, operation and maintenance, and;
- Oversee/coordinate underground storage tank (UST) removals and associated soil removal actions.
- Follow site safety protocols and brings issues/concerns to project manager in timely manner.
Document and Report Preparation
- Develop draft report(s), letters, work plans, etc. in concert with other project team members.
- Develop summary tables and site plans/drawings and other supporting documents as appropriate.
- Prepare project documents including borings logs, test pit logs, daily field logs, chains-of-custody, site sketches, etc. in a manner consistent with Ransom SOPs.
Required Skills & Education
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in an engineering, geologic, or environmentally-oriented field of study.
- 0-3 years of experience in an environmentally oriented company; may include internships.
- Familiarity with field equipment for field investigations and assessments helpful.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and draw conclusions from scientific data.
- Excellent research and writing skills, including the ability to present scientific and technical data in a succinct, meaningful way for client reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to keep project managers apprised of issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple project tasks with limited supervision.
- Task oriented and strong attention to detail.
- Frequent travel to job sites and work that is conducted in variable weather conditions. Reliable transportation is a must. Position will be subject to a drivers license check.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis due to the need to transport and work with field equipment.
- This position participates in our Medical Monitoring Program.
Sunday, January 12, 2020