Environmental Consulting Practice Manager - Rhode Island
- Providence, RI
Ransom Consulting is seeking an entrepreneurial leader to join its team of professional environmental and engineering consultants as Office Manager in our Providence RI location. With a strong footprint in in New England and the Mid Atlantic, we are looking for a dynamic leader to grow our business in Rhode Island, Southeastern Massachusetts, and Connecticut.
The Office Manager drives office success in meeting company targets for professional billing, client retention, financial performance, effective resource management and utilization, and staff development and retention.The Office Manager also personally manages a portfolio of projects and clients.
- Responsible for the business and financial management of the office and ensuring that all projects are managed effectively to meet profitability targets.
- Develops and implements marketing and business development strategies to bring in new clients in support of Ransom’s growth strategy. Provides support and training to staff on business development approaches and client retention strategies.
- Leads sales efforts by participating in proposal preparation, scope and budget development, and interviews where appropriate.
- Manages client relationships to instill trust and confidence in Ransom’s work to deliver results on current projects and expand business opportunities within the client relationship.
- Ensures that all projects within the office are managed to meet client needs, budget and profitability targets and that the appropriate internal/external technical expertise is available for all projects. Responsible for ensuring the quality of work presented to clients. Implements tools and processes to manage company risk, including ensuring proper contract terms and conditions, limits of liability and payment terms.
- Responsible for hiring and retaining staff to support company and client needs.This includes providing mentorship to junior staff in developing their careers as mid-level technical staff and project managers.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an environmentally oriented field (geology, environmental science, hydrology, engineering, etc.)
- Required Licenses (one or more): LEP, LSP
- 15+ years of professional experience in environmental consulting, preferably in RI/MA/CT
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful business development strategies
- Strong business development acumen and network of past/current/potential clients (municipal institutions, developers, local/state/federal government) and business partners (attorneys, planners, engineers and architects).
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in multiple technical areas and regulatory environments
- Demonstrated success in client acquisition and retention.
- Strong understanding of consulting firm metrics and demonstrated ability to lead teams to meet metrics targets.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and mentoring staff as well as supporting a positive work culture.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute projects, prioritizing work and communicating scope changes in a timely manner.
- Excellent writing skills to complete technical reports and provide mentoring to staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients, staff, and co-workers.
- Excellent written, oral, public speaking and listening skills.
Monday, August 3, 2020