Food & Beverage Director
Sea Oaks Beach and Tennis Club
- Vero Beach, FL
The Food & Beverage Director at Sea Oaks Beach and Tennis Club is responsible for all food and beverage Front-of-the-House operations while working closely with Back-of-the-House staff to ensure quality and innovative services, products and offerings to members and guests. This position is responsible for ensuring that all food service is consistently outstanding. He / She is a positive and enthusiastic face for culinary operations at the Club and is comfortable conversing and interacting in both back and front of house settings.
Responsible for all food and beverage production and service for the club. Directly supervises the Executive Chef, Assistant Beach Club Manager, and Breakpoint Manager. Plans and implements budgets, hires, trains and supervises subordinates and applies relevant marketing principles to assure that the wants and needs of club members and guests are consistently exceeded.
- Assures that effective orientation and training for new staff and professional development activities for experienced staff are implemented
- Helps plan and approve external and internal marketing and sales promotion activities for the food operation
- Personally handles selected member and guest complaints and advises the General Manager about appropriate corrective actions taken
- Develops interesting ways of promoting club functions in all the dining outlets
- Assures that all standard operating procedures for sales and cost control are in place and consistently utilized for all food and beverage departments
- Helps plan and approve the organizational chart, staffing and scheduling procedures and job descriptions/specifications for all department staff
- Manages the long-range staffing needs of the department
- Approves the menus proposed by the Executive Chef for all outlets and special events
- Consults with the Executive Chef, Assistant Beach Club Manager, and Breakpoint Manager daily to help assure the highest level of guest satisfaction at minimum cost
- Develops an operating budget for each of the department’s revenue outlets; after approval, monitors and takes corrective action as necessary to assure that the budget’s sales and cost goals are attained
- Establishes quantity and quality output standards for personnel in all positions within the department
- Ensures that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to, including wage and hour and federal, state and/or local laws pertaining to alcoholic beverages
- Inspects to ensure that all safety, sanitation, energy management, preventive maintenance and other standards are consistently met
- Research new products and develops an analysis of the cost/profit benefits
- Monitors the ordering and receiving program for products and supplies to ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases
- Reviews new techniques for food preparation and presentation in a manner and variety to maximize member and guest satisfaction and to minimize food cost
- Greets guests and oversees actual service on a routine basis
- Helps develop wine lists and bottle/glass wine sales promotion programs
- Develops on-going training programs for food production, service and bar production/service personnel
- Continually works to ensure correct handling procedures to minimize china and glassware breakage and food waste
- Maintains responsibility for sales, expenses and profit goals as outlined in the Food and Beverage Department’s operating plans/budgets
- Serves as an ad-hoc member of appropriate club committees
- Assists in planning and implementing of procedures for special club events and banquet functions
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 3 years as a top F&B Manager or Director in a high-level, Private Club or Resort dining operation
- Experience in a Property Owner’s Association (POA) desired
- Strong and passionate leader and hospitality professional
- Possesses excellent financial skills, with the ability to quickly assimilate numbers and reports
- Demonstrated experience in multi-generational club with an increasing number of casual events.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Communication Skills. Proven ability to create and implement a member communication program.
- Possesses exceptionally strong communication and facilitation skills, both written and verbal
- Possesses computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and POS systems
- Personable and enjoys member interactions
- Strives to continually improve his/her skills, experiment with trends, and evolve the service experience and offering.
- Has experience in a Food and Beverage department in a premier private club and/or resort environment, including banquet, casual and fine dining operations.
- Understand all legal requirements and consistently adhere to, including wage and hour and federal, state and/or local laws pertaining to alcoholic beverages.
- Research new products and develops an analysis of the cost/profit benefits
- Track record for sourcing quality wine and alcohol from vendors, as necessary
- Exceptionally strong food and beverage credentials, most importantly the ability to consistently define and achieve goals and objectives
- Proven and verifiable leadership qualities with demonstrated ability to direct, coordinate and control all facets of an active food and beverage operation
- Committed to professional growth and development, for him/herself and his/her team of associates
- Professional appearance and demeanor and expect the same from his or her staff
- Hospitality degree from an accredited school or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Certified in food safety.
Sea Oaks is a COVID vaccinated workforce. The club is also drug, smoke and vape free environment. Employment is dependent on successfully passing a drug test.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life; available after 60 days of employment
- 401(k); available after 1-year of employment (club matches up to 4%)
- Paid time off (PTO) available as follows:
- 1/2-week of sick/personal time after 6 months of employment
- 1 week of sick/personal time after 1 year
- 2-weeks of vacation after 1 year of employment
- General Expense Account
- Cell Phone Stipend
Executive Chef, Assistant Beach Club Manager, and Breakpoint Manager
Sea Oaks Beach and Tennis Club was established in 1983 as one of the first gated communities on Vero Beach’s north barrier island. Today the community is made up of 614 residences made up of tennis villas and cottages, oceanfront condos, river and lakeside villas and courtyard and courtside homes. Owning a residence within the community is required for membership. Alumnus owners (limited amount) also have the option of retaining their membership after selling their homes. Sea Oaks is open year-round with peak season November – May.
Amenities include a Georgian-style Beach Club with pool, deck and gazebo, as well as a two-story plantation style Tennis Club with 16 Har-Tru tennis courts with a tennis pavilion which includes stadium-like seating. The Tennis Club is also host to the Community Center which houses a state-of-the-art fitness center and meeting rooms. The property also includes a beautiful nature trail as well as a marina.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE OPERATION:
The Beach Club offers a choice of three dining outlets; the Grille Room (inside) and the Gazebo/poolside (outside) which are casual and family friendly. The Gazebo includes a bar and stunning ocean views. The Palm Room and Bar, located on the second floor, is the Beach Club’s fine dining outlet which also doubles as event space. The popular Breakpoint at the Tennis Club offers breakfast and lunch. There are two kitchens at the Beach Club – one on the main level and one on the second floor. There is one kitchen at Breakpoint.
During peak season, the Beach Club operates Tuesday – Sunday with the Grille Room and Gazebo/poolside offering both lunch and dinner. The Palm Room is open for dinner only. Off season, the Beach Club operates Wednesday – Sunday. Breakpoint operates Monday – Sunday with food service available during peak season. In the off season, the operation offers beverages only.
Sea Oaks total food and beverage revenues equal $1.3M annually. Food cost is set at 44% and beverage cost is set at 29%. Currently, both food and beverage actual costs are reported slightly under budget.
Club Website – Click Here
Friday, September 17, 2021