Blythefield Country Club
- Belmont, MI
Blythefield Country Club is seeking a talented Executive Chef. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing a culinary experience that will become the benchmark that other clubs and restaurants will aspire to. Blythefield Country Club is a growing 18-hole private member-owned club located 15 minutes north of downtown Grand Rapids. Home of the Meijer LPGA Classic, Blythefield has stood the test of time as a venerable Club in West Michigan. The Club has just completed a $3.4million golf course renovation cementing its’ position as the premier golf course in West Michigan! Along with the championship course, Blythefield offers swimming, tennis, fitness, event spaces for groups up to 300, and recently renovated member dining spaces highlighted by J. Brewer’s Restaurant. Grand Rapids is the second-largest city in Michigan with a population of 1,400,000 and continues to grow geographically toward Blythefield Country Club. West Michigan is home to diverse industries and businesses including some of the largest office furniture companies in the country as well as Amway International, Meijer Incorporated, and is a major hub for the state’s healthcare industry.
The city is well known for its quality of life, philanthropy, reasonable cost of living, sports teams, tourism, entertainment, performing arts, and its cultural programs, which include the annual ArtPrize event.
Responsible for all food production, including that sold in restaurants, banquet functions, and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchase specifications, and recipes. Supervises production staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budgets for the department. Maintain the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards. Proven ability to lead a first-class culinary team and be known as THE culinary operation in his/her region.
- Hires, trains, supervises, schedules, and evaluates the work of management staff in the kitchen(s).
- Plans menus for all food outlets in the club and for special occasions and events.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of all kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are always maintained throughout all kitchen areas.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguard all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation that help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor, and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with applicable Food and Beverage, and Sales Managers to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- Plans and manages the employee meal program.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Recruits and makes selection decisions; evaluates job performance of kitchen staff; coaches, rewards and disciplines staff in a fair and legal manner.
- Recommends compensation rates and increases for kitchen staff.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Motivates and develops staff, including cross-training and promotion of personnel.
- Periodically visits dining area to welcome members and guests.
- Reviews and approves product purchase specifications.
- Establishes buffet presentations.
- Maintains physical presence during times of high business volume.
- Implements safety training programs; manages OSHA-related aspects of kitchen safety and maintains MSDSs in an easily accessible location.
- Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene.
- Undertakes special projects as assigned by the General Manager.
- Exceptional cooking skills.
- Plans and monitors all food-production-related costs.
- Plans menus with various Staff, Members, and Clients.
- Develops food purchase specifications and standard recipes.
- Maintains food quality and sanitation standards.
- Maintain budgets and costs as approved by the General Manager.
- Ability to pair/match wine and food and develops a wine list with the Clubhouse Manager.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required roles during emergency situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts and/or other Hospitality Management
- Eight years of culinary experience is required
- Minimum of 4 years as the Executive Chef in a high-level, private member-owned club or resort
LICENSES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CEC or actively pursuing the certification.
- Food safety certification.
Annual salary commensurate with experience. High-quality benefit package to include insurances, bonus and ACF/Education allowance.
Culinary and Stewarding Team
Blythefield Country Club is a growing 18-hole private member-owned club located 15 minutes north of downtown Grand Rapids. It was founded in 1928 and designed by William B. Langford and Theodore J Moreau. Blythefield Country Club is member-own with 325 members which have an average age of 54. The Club has annual gross revenues of $4million, annual food sales of $750,000, and annual beverage sales of $450,000.
Founded in 1928, Blythefield has hosted national-level tournaments with participation by many of the greatest names in golf including Walter Hagan, Gary Player, Arnold Palmer, Sam Snead, and more recently Ricky Fowler, Lexi Thompson, Brooke Henderson, and all the LPGA Stars.
Grand Rapids is also the hometown of President Gerald R. Ford, whose Presidential Museum is in the downtown area.
The Club is open 6 days per week, 12 months per year.
To provide superior golf, social and recreational experience by investing in staff and facilities in an innovative and fiscally responsible manner, while celebrating our rich history.
- 18-Hole Golf Course, par 72
- 2 Outdoor Hard Tennis Courts
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Fitness Facility
- Informal Dining Room - seats 100
- Formal Dining Room - seats 24
- Ballroom - seats 220
- Outdoor Dining - seats 100
- Meeting Room - seats 50
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
$80,000 - $90,000