RN Openings - 12-Hour shifts - Nursing Home - Miami, FL
RDC Recruiting Services
- Miami, FL, United States
Employee Type: Full-Time
Required Degree: 2 Year Degree
Manage Others: Yes
One of the largest healthcare providers in the southeast focused on our aging population. Our unique continuum of care on our 20+ acre campus located in the Buena Vista neighborhood of Miami, offers services that include short and long-term skilled nursing, a state-of-the art on-site dialysis center in partnership with a 32-bed acute-care hospital, an ambulatory health clinic, an inpatient hospice unit in partnership with a Hospice, a memory and research institute specializing in the treatment and support of those living with Alzheimer’s disease and other neurocognitive disorders, a multidisciplinary functional restoration program for the treatment of chronic pain, home health and home care services, and assisted and independent living. Additionally, employer is the largest Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in the state of Florida, with three locations in Dade County and one in Broward County.
Coordinates and delivers patient care utilizing clinical, evidence-based competencies in adherence to the nursing process. Utilizes critical thinking abilities to assess and identify patient/resident issues, concerns and needs.Establishes a plan of care and implements and evaluates nursing care for the patient/resident. Oversees the work of Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants and Unit Secretaries.Provides training as required
Essential Job Functions:
- Assesses physical, psycho-social, growth and development dimensions of the patient/resident per established department guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care as per policy. Implements nursing plans of care for assigned patients/residents.
- Evaluates patient/resident status, nursing interventions, and appropriateness of the nursing plan of care.
- Prepares, administers, and concisely, accurately, and completely records medications in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications.
- Receives, transcribes and carries out physicians’ orders.
- Oversees and assists with meal service.
- Supervises, assists and guides the work of LPNs, CNAs and Unit Secretaries in daily activities.
- Documents patient care activities performed on the unit.
- Provides teaching and guidance to the patient/residents and significant others. Oversees and assists with nursing staff in their development.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to clinical/ancillary staff and participates in the annual performance appraisal process.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel when requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Experience in a long-term care/skilled nursing facility environment preferred
- Current RN license by the Florida State Board of Nursing
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification preferred
- Evidence-based knowledge of nursing practices for long term care and rehabilitation.
- Evidence-based knowledge of nursing practices for geriatric and dementia patient populations preferred.
- Computer literacy
- Self-directing. Able to work with little direct supervision.
- Ensures that resident’s/patient’s rights are adhered to
- Demonstrates professionalism and accountability
- Demonstrates a caring attitude consistent with care towards its residents, patients, family members, employees and other facility guests
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Ensures confidentiality and security of patients’ medical information
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate channels of communication
- Able to speak, read and write English
- Able to think and act calmly to meet unusual occurrences of the job
- Adheres to the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Participates in departmental activities, meetings and in-services and follows established guidelines
- Maintains a safe working environment
Saturday, April 11, 2020