RDC Recruiting Services
- Houston, TX
Locations: Greater Houston Area
Titles: Registered Nurse
Shifts: Full Time Days -7am to 7pm and Full Time Nights - 7pm to 7am
Units: All clinical units including: Medical Surgical, Telemetry, ICU, ED, L&D, OR, PCU
The Registered Nurse II practices as a full partner on the multidisciplinary team. Independently plans, implements, and evaluates patient care and performs related duties as required. Assesses patient's needs for nursing care, assures continuity of care through appropriate discharge planning, patient education and coordination of services, and acts as a patient and family advocate. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both patient care provided and in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction, and cost effectiveness at the unit level.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and patient care.
- Serves as a highly engaged and full partner on the care team and responds willingly to care team member needs for assistance.
- Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility with the change process.
- Leads multidisciplinary rounds to facilitate appropriateness of care and smooth transitions across the continuum.
- Effectively applies the nursing process within the framework of the organization’s professional model of care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that takes into consideration the individualized needs of the patient.
- Effectively delegates care as appropriate while retaining accountability for the quality of care given to patients and families.
- Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
- Provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum.
- In conjunction with case management, develops a plan to connect the patient and family to the appropriate community resources to meet their post-acute care needs.
- Incorporates national and organizational goals to improve quality, patient safety and satisfaction.
- Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience by building healing relationships with patients, families, and colleagues.
- Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the workforce and seeks to mitigate as appropriate.
- Practices solid communication skills and is able to articulate and translate the patient’s condition to physicians and other colleagues; effectively utilizes AIDET and SBAR communication methods.
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles of adult learning (and/or teaching children) and applies in teaching patients, families, students and new staff.
- Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families to meet regulatory requirements and effectively prepare them for the episode of care as well as transitions from one level of care to another.
- Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry, and continuous development by asking for feedback and improving practice.
- Identifies opportunities for quality improvement to colleagues and management.
- Applies evidence-based practice as a regular aspect of professional practice.
- Ensures improvements in the practice setting by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
- Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of patient, hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision-making, adherence to organizational policies and procedures, and ensuring patient safety.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural intelligence, workplace horizontal violence and impairment and holds peers accountable for healthy relationships.
- Models safe work hours, time management and healthy lifestyles.
- Participates in unit-based shared governance activities while on duty.
- Takes personal accountability for improving quality, patient safety and satisfaction outcomes.
- Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required:
Education and Licensure:
- ADN or Diploma
- BLS required (and ACLS, if applicable)
- Certifications for Nursing Specialty, if applicable
- Current Nursing License applicable to The State of Texas
- At least one (1) year of RN experience
- Demonstrated competence in Clinical Nurse I performance expectations or meets experience requirements upon hire.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Validation is required for the skills needed in the following areas for providing care in Medical Surgical Units:
Bladder Scan; Perineal Care; Urinary Catheter; Abuse and Neglect of Older Adults; Aspiration Precautions; Blood Glucose Monitoring; Cardiac Monitor Setup and Lead Placement; Central Venous Catheter; Fall Prevention; Isolation Precautions; Nasogastric Tube; Oral Hygiene; Pain Assessment and Management; Restraint Application; Suicide Assessment and Precautions; Universal Protocol for Procedural Time-outs; Urinary Catheter; Wound Drainage Evacuation.
Your contributions are rewarded, in part, by a compensation package that includes competitive salaries, benefits, and other programs and services that provide for your professional and personal needs, help care for your family, and contribute to your future.
Comprehensive and competitive benefits program gives you a wide array of benefit plans and options:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Personal Wellness Program
- Personal Health Management Program
- Personal Time, Vacation, Holidays
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 457(b) Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Military Leave
Relocation assistance and sign-on bonuses are available for qualified applicants.
Commitment: 24 months
If you are interested in this opportunity and you meet the requirements, please feel free to apply.
**Updated English resume in word or PDF format.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Thursday, May 7, 2020
Competitive salaries DOE