Recruiting for Nurses in Medical Surgical, Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, and/or Operating Room – Main and Circulating
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice, he/she will be responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in Texas
Graduate of an accredited nursing program
At least one year of experience as a Registered Nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
Additional certification or licensure may be required for some specialty areas
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient’s individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
1. Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient focused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological, developmental and spiritual data from the patient, significant others and other health care team members.
2. Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcome of the interventions.
3. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
4. Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, and Discharge instructions.
5. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient, Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision –making, and ensuring patient safety.
6. Uses interventions substantiated by research as appropriate in the patient population, participates in research activities, identifies opportunities for research, and collaborates with the Outcomes managers and department.
7. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and the effectiveness of nursing practice. Assists in collecting quality data, analyzes the data, and formulates action plans to improve quality care.
Employees are at the heart of building healthy communities which is why our benefit options are designed to help you stay healthy and achieve optimal health for your entire family, while managing your healthcare costs. Whether you are a new employee or have been with us for years, you play an important role in our success. Your contributions are rewarded, in part, by a compensation package that includes competitive salaries, benefits, and other programs and services that provide for your professional and personal needs, healthcare for your family, and contribute to your future. We offer plans for full-time employees and regular part-time employees. Coverage also may be purchased for eligible dependents.
Our comprehensive and competitive benefits program gives you a wide array of benefit plans and options:
Flexible Spending Accounts
Personal Wellness Program
Personal Health Management Program
Personal Time, Vacation, Holidays
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Supplemental Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Spouse and Child Life Insurance
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Employee Assistance Program