Lead Software Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Lead Software Engineer
At Globys, we develop a cloud-based billing portal platform that enables business customers of all sizes to self-serve and securely transact with their providers. Our platform is used by companies around the world, including T-Mobile, Vodafone, and TELUS, to deliver exceptional portal experiences to their customers while significantly reducing costly manual processes. Our patented technology processes massive amounts of data and provides end users with a unified and personalized view of their accounts and services. This is an opportunity to work with large scale data systems and visualizations to solve real-world business problems for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help build our cloud based big data analytic platform which powers some of the largest Telco’s and Banks around the globe. As a Lead Developer you will help us build scalable data platforms which are able to ingest terabytes of data per second and doing real time analytics for our customers. You will be leading a team of 8-10 engineers and report to our VP of Engineering while working closely with architecture, product and design teams to deliver on our roadmap. Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what’s best for the long-term health of our applications and what’s best for the customer.
As Lead Software Engineer at Globys, you will:
- Lead a team of 8-10 engineers working on our invoice-to-cash SaaS platform in an agile, continuous deployment environment.
- Contribute through the Globys stack, from backend to RESTFul APIs to SPA web apps.
- Act as technical leader and owner for the products.
- Maintain high test coverage with every commit, using realistic scenarios.
- Consistently make culture choices that positively impact our team.
- Teach other engineers and lead by example.
- Participate in all phases of software development (from concept to design to test to deploy to monitor to defect resolution).
- Collaborate closely with our VP of Engineering.
- Demonstrate an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Contribute to development process improvement to increase engineering efficiency.
- Embrace the first principle of the agile manifesto: “Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.”
- 10+ years of experience of an object oriented language (C# preferred).
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of public cloud computing (AWS and/or Azure), preferably with microservice, serverless and no-SQL PaaS architecture.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with one of the web frameworks such as Bootstrap, Backbone, Angular, React and Vue.
- Strong database knowledge – SQL, MySQL or MongoDB.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- BS/MS in computer science or related fields.
Wednesday, November 21, 2018