Quality Assurance Engineer
- Seattle, WA
- Join a small, passionate team supporting Xealth solutions in Health Systems nationwide
- Make a positive difference in other people's lives through your work - we’re revolutionizing healthcare for all
- Enjoy the views from our fantastic Smith Tower offices
Xealth, named one of the Best Small Places to work in Seattle, is growing!
We’re improving healthcare for everyone by enabling doctors and patients to easily access digital content and services that are relevant, timely, and targeted. Incubated at Providence, we’re disrupting healthcare from the inside and are on a mission to change lives through technology.
Having recently announced a major new partnership that allows physicians to recommend physical products (DMEs), we’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. In this role you’ll be a dedicated testing resource in the group delivering an exceptional experience to our customers. You’ll provide a mix of user and technical support, troubleshooting, bug reports, and issue management. You’ll be instrumental in establishing our testing function, while helping achieve our mission of improving healthcare outcomes for everyone.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Xealth, you will:
- Take escalations from our customers’ internal support teams via ZenDesk (or email/phone), and manage each issue through to resolution
- Engage with customers directly, including technical administrators and clinicians, in a high-touch support model
- Develop test strategies and test plans for new features and integrations
- Execute tests and write bugs against new features
- Work with the Product and Engineering Team to define and document acceptance criteria
- Participate in the design and improvement of our automation architecture
- Collaborating with developers and using your debugging chops to find bugs early in the development cycle
- Support security testing endeavors and undergo periodic Security and HIPAA training, and protect customer ePHI by following procedures
Our ideal QA Engineer will have:
- 3+ years of experience working in QA and/or technical support for complex web-based, SaaS, or cloud products with numerous configurations and external dependencies
- Thorough understanding of quality and testing principles, techniques, and protocols
- Hands-on experience with web app browser testing, REST APIs and mobile applications (React, NodeJS, IOS, Android, React Native), and comfort with testing at the component and API level, as well as at the end-to-end and feature level
- Problem-solving skills and proven ability to work under pressure
- Computer science bona fides, e.g. B.S. in CS or related degree, or work experience coupled with dedicated personal development in this arena
- Hands on experience in agile, including participation in scrum and sprint planning meetings for scope and estimation purposes
- Startup or small company experience, or a desire to expand your abilities in a small, cross-functional team
- Bonus points for knowledge of: HIPAA/ePHI, EHR systems (Epic, Cerner, Allscripts), applications in a Healthcare IT environment, AWS CloudWatch, log analytics, SQL and/or other scripting skills
- NOTE: Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a Background / FACIS 3 check
"Xealth will dramatically improve the connection between patients and clinicians."
- Rod Hochman, MD, President & CEO, Providence St. Joseph Hospital
Xealth enables healthcare teams to order digital content, services, and OTC items as easily as they do medications. Patients can then access these digital health prescriptions from the provider's portal, so that they can actively manage their health - improving both client care, and the doctor-client relationship.
Xealth spun out of Providence St. Joseph's Digital Integration Group and raised an initial round of $8.5 million. Based in Seattle, the company was founded by the team of serial entrepreneurs behind Swype, an innovative keyboard that reach over 1 billion users, and Boost Mobile, now a Sprint service generating over $5 billion in revenue.
Learn more about us at www.xealth.io.
Friday, May 24, 2019