- Seattle, WA
Seattle, Washington, United States
We are a company of passionate individuals striving to improve healthcare and patient experiences. Our evidence-based medical content and software tools empower both payers and providers to make the best decisions for patients. Our work makes a difference in the quality of care that hundreds of thousands of patients receive each day and we’re proud of our positive impact.
Our Finance & Accounting team has an opening for an Accounting Manager to lead a team focused on revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable and month end close. In this role you’ll be responsible for the GL including revenue, sales tax, royalties and partnerships. You’ll ensure all accounting transactions are recorded accurately in compliance with GAAP and company policy. You’ll also be responsible for monthly commissions calculations, bonus accrual, and audit preparations. You’ll educate sales teams about policies and limitations, as well as support your team to ensure they’re able to achieve their goals at a high level.
If you’re the kind of person who is always looking for process improvement and willing to try things, and if you’re able to research and apply GAAP, this could be a great role for you!
In this role you will:
- Own the monthly close process, ensuring accurate and timely results, including but not limited to the preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
- Review contracts, understand revenue recognition implications, and propose accounting treatments in accordance with ASC 606
- Propose, modify, and maintain internal controls in compliance with SOX and corporate policies
- Manage internal and external audits
- Manage, review, and approve the calculations and payments of commission
- Lead, coach and develop a team of 4-5.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Comply with local, state, and foreign (VAT) sales tax regulations and reporting requirements
- Drive continued process improvement, including working cross-functionally, to create repeatable, consistent best practices that enable scaling
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years’ experience in Accounting operations, 5 years in a supervisory role, ideally in a SaaS or subscription-based environment, though all considered
- You have a strong customer service orientation
- You’re a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and fast paced environments
- You’re comfortable using various software applications such as Salesforce and MS Project, and can work at an advanced level in Excel
- You’re intellectually curious and enjoy learning new business models, unfamiliar tools, new approaches
- You enjoy combining operational and financial data to create meaningful business insights
- You’re able to form data and evidence-based conclusions, and effectively communicate findings
- You share credit for success with colleagues and other groups and learn from mistakes
- You work well on deadline, managing multiple priorities
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and, maybe, your CPA
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity, and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. It is only with diverse thoughts and ideas that we'll be able to create the change we want in healthcare. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be for it.
Tuesday, August 13, 2019