Beauty Quest Group is a newly formed organization that is a spin-off of the professional products division of a large beauty and haircare products company. We are a mid-size organization that is growing. We are building our shared services team and this is a key role that will work across the organization to contribute to our new company work environment and success.
The Human Resources Director will develop and lead the HR strategy and programs for our newly formed organization. In this role you will partner with leaders and managers to develop a company culture focused on employee care and engagement as well as business growth and success. This position reports to the CFO-COO who is responsible for all operational functions, and will partner with the CEO who leads sales and marketing and is responsible for business growth.
This position is both a strategic and hands on role, operating in a multi-state environment. BQG has two primary business groups; the professional services team in Stamford CT and the plant and products teams in Rantoul IL. You will directly support leadership, management, as well as the Stamford and remote sales and marketing team members, and will lead the HR Manager and team in IL who support all plant and hourly employee HR strategies and programs. You will lead HR initiatives that utilized your areas of expertise and will outsource to HR services and consultants in areas where additional expertise is needed. Additionally, you will guide the work of the leadership Administrator/Office Manager in the Stamford office and will involve them in HR administrative responsibilities.
You will be the champion of creating an exciting and meaningful work environment and in our mid-size organization will be able to see the outcomes and value of the initiatives that you lead. Initial areas of focus include; ongoing implementation of ADP Workforce Now, development of recruiting strategy, implementation of ATS, development and communication of employee guidelines and policies, and design and implementation of Performance Management System.
If you enjoy new program and system development, leading employment related program implementations and communications, acting as the trusted advisor for leaders and managers, and supporting and servicing team members, this may be the ideal career opportunity for you.
• Partner with leadership and HR team to develop long-term people strategies and goals
• Act as Strategic Business Partner: Be the go-to person for leaders, managers and employees, providing guidance and coaching on issues such as engagement, performance feedback, development, building effective teaming and working relationships, compensation decisions and organizational change.
• Be the SME on HR best practices and industry trends.
• Develop the recruiting strategy to build a strong shared services team and support company growth objectives.
• Drive organizational excellence through implementing a Performance Management Program that communicates clear expectations and rewards individual and team performance.
• Implement technology solutions to improve efficiencies and create a modern employment experience.
• Manage employment related risk through strong employee relations practices, well organized HR operations, and employment related compliance in our multi-state environment. This position require understanding of Canadian employment regulations with the ability to know when to utilized outside resources and experts.
• Lead the development of a unique company culture that drives employee engagement and retention
• Create, build, and own programs that have a measurable impact
• Lead employee communication efforts; all team meetings, policy & guideline implementation
• Lead through influence, not authority, to create an HR function that supports both leaders and team members across the organization.
• BA/BS degree in Human Resource or related field.
• 7+ years’ experience in a human resources generalist role(s) including 3+ years’ in a management position. Experience managing remote team members a plus.
• Experience in a product development and manufacturing company with strong understanding of marketing and sales functions, preferred.
• Experience developing and implementing employment systems, programs, and practices.
• Experience with a variety of HR technology platforms with a keen interest and ability to fully utilize systems to create the ideal employment experience. (HRIS/ADP Workforce)
• Proven project management skills required with demonstrated ability to manage human resources core processes.
• Demonstrated assessment, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with senior leaders and drive organizational change.
Beauty Quest Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.