Broadcast OTT Engineer- Remote
- Seattle, WA
Broadcast OTT Engineer
While we have offices in Seattle and Las Vegas, we are seeking the best talent to join our team and will consider Remote/Telework options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
Are you someone who is in the know? Have you seen it all and still have a desire to learn more? Are you seeking a flexible work environment with supportive leadership that prioritizes enabling engineering teams?
If you love working with a team that is passionate about what they do and how they do it; if you seek a fun work life that fosters an environment of professional and personal growth while celebrating people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities; we want to meet you. Let's change the world together
Your day to day in this position will be overseeing all channel acquisition and existing channels flowing into the network. You will need to use your knowledge of fiber, video, ability to communicate with broadcast engineers and encoding to support the media pipeline stability and growth.
- Conduct discussions and conversations with content distribution providers to plan delivery of content, as well as with internal and external executives on source acquisition needs for clients.
- Maintain encoding platform (ATEME/Harmonic) for content delivery into the Transcoding network.
- Drive complex problem-solving discussions related to both requested features and troubleshooting anomalies.
- Support other engineers and POs with broadcast workflow expertise while maintaining tight SLA measurement and enforcement.
- Collaborate with product owners to prioritize weekly sprints and action items.
- Own broadcast reliability and drivers that impact reliability in both directions.
- Lead the definition, negotiation, and execution of media agreements with legal, providers, and customers.
- Manage the global content acquisition and distribution workflows as it relates to source content.
- High level of understanding of broadcast and OTT technologies. (Encoders, Multiplexing, Splicers, Video routers, fiber transport lasers, TDM, Ethernet).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8-12 years of experience operating in the broadcast or video transport business.
- 8-12 years of experience with MPEG payload IE: SCTE-104/35, PMT, Audio, frame rates, and resolutions.
- Pre-established existing relationships with major content distributors.
- Demonstrated experience with layer 1 and 2 telecom transport networks, DTM and Ethernet encapsulation of MPEG.
- In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting complex encoding and transport anomalies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the encoding and decoding process in addition to IP delivery of video content over the WAN.
- Proven ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively, to organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaption, and initiative.
- Flexible work hours and work from home options
- Accessible and transparent leadership team
- Paid time off every year to volunteer and generous parental leave
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, 401(k) plan with a company match
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WHO ARE WE
iStreamPlanet is one of the largest streaming platforms in the world for broadcasters; doing thousands of events a year such as March Madness, World Cup, and even the Olympics. You probably have not heard of us but we power some of the most well-known media brands in the world. Our mission is to provide a one-stop platform for the media industry as they convert from traditional broadcast to all online streaming over the next decade. We are backed by giants such as WarnerMedia (owners of Warner Brothers, HBO, Turner, etc.) and are at the heart of changing how you get your sports and entertainment in the future.
iStreamPlanet Co., LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. iStreamPlanet does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Friday, November 8, 2019