Sr. Front-End Engineer (Arc Video Platform)
- Seattle, WA
Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use tools for teaching and learning. Our goal is simple; create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity.
We’re hiring senior front-end engineers for our Seattle office, who are passionate about technology and education, to help build out the front-end of our online video platform, Arc for interactive learning.
Our product team doesn't throw specs over some imaginary wall to engineering, and engineering doesn't throw code over some imaginary wall to QA. We all collaborate together. We highly value innovation, so much so that we have quarterly Hackweeks. A week each quarter to work on relevant pet projects and features. Woohoo!
Most of our work is open source, even our primary product (Canvas). Check us out on Github: www.github.com/instructure.
Our Seattle office is located downtown in the Westlake Center, 1601 5th Avenue.
What We Do:
- We’re building innovative web applications. By leveraging single page application design, ES6, CSS3, and other cutting edge technologies, we hope to bring the richness of native desktop and mobile apps to the web.
- We use the latest tools to support progressive browsers and companies: you can leave your IE6 hacks at home.
- We are cloud native. For this job, that means bringing the fault-tolerant and high availability principles that power the cloud to the front-end to deliver lightning fast, ultra-reliable applications that delight our users.
What We Look For:
- Breadth of experience across languages and frameworks.
- Production experience with modern JS frameworks like React.
- Capable communicators passionate about product development and user experience.
- Autodidacts who love continual learning and exploration.
- Engineering leaders who care about coding standards and writing lean, maintainable software.
- 5+ plus years of professional software development experience.
- BS or greater in Computer Science preferred.
GET IN ON ALL THE AWESOME AT INSTRUCTURE:
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Transportation allowance
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thursday, May 23, 2019