Senior Devops Engineer
Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center
- Seattle, Washington
The Hutch Data Commonwealth (HDC) represents a new organization within the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center with a mission to develop new capabilities and resources to facilitate the center’s interaction with large and complex data sets. HDC data and software engineers develop robust resources for the management and analysis of data in support of both local and extramural research activities. The HDC also serves as a nexus within Fred Hutch for data-centered partnerships with technology companies and academic organizations.
HDC is growing and we’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer. Your work will assist hundreds of investigators and their research staff to meet our goal of curing cancer by 2025. You will work alongside the HDC engineering and Product teams to identify and optimize the interdependencies between applications development and infrastructure operations to support continuous delivery of solutions.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer you will:
- Monitor and tune the performance, reliability, and security of the infrastructure and its complex features. Identify and correct bottlenecks in the system, while working with development teams on optimization and best practices.
- Own key system design and integration decisions around tools, processes and practices enabling teams to apply DevOps practices
- Be part of daily operational activities that impact important components / processes of the HDC engineering function
- Execute deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of the software
- Use your automation chops to raise the bar for our CI/CD across the platform
- Provide subject matter expertise on application server technologies
- Be responsible for data development and definition of acceptance criteria
Our ideal Sr. DevOps Engineer will have:
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in a DevOps role
- Strong Experience with provisioning and configuration management tool(s) – Terraform, Puppet, Chef
- Strong Experience in Cloud services - AWS and Azure
- Solid scripting skills (Bash, Python);
- Experience with Software Delivery Automation and tooling (e.g. VSTS, Jenkins, Gradle) for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Paradigms
- Solid network configuration skills - TCP/IP, Load Balancing, DNS;
- Linux administration proficiency
- Experience with agile security tools (e.g. Vault, InSpec, ZAP)
- Docker Containers and Container Infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Build automation and continuous integration tools Continuous Delivery pipelines implementations (e.g. Jenkins)
- Big Data systems experience (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, Spark)
- Monitoring and logging systems (e.g. Splunk, CloudWatch, ELK)
- HA and FT systems provisioning, deployment, production support;
- Experience with managing Solr/ElasticSearch environments.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer at HDC, you be an instrumental part of our Scientific Computing team helping to cure cancer by 2025. Along with our mission driven work, we offer amazing benefits that include: 403(b) Retirement savings with 7% matching, on-site daycare through Hutch Kids,on-site employee health clinic, 3+ weeks paid vacation and excellent medical, dental and vision plans for individuals/families.
Monday, April 29, 2019