- Seattle, WA
Lighter Capital is a 65 person Seattle based fintech company that has created a new fundraising path for early-stage tech companies. Our transparent, data-driven, tech-enabled process provides entrepreneurs financing quickly without making them give up equity or board seats. We work with hundreds of visionary startup CEOs each year and our products are truly disrupting the start-up finance industry.
We are currently hiring an Events Manager to join our growing team! Our ideal candidate will have top-notch project management skills, extensive event coordination experience and a positive, self-motivated, can-do attitude. This position requires frequent domestic travel and reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a key functional driver to setting Lighter Capital’s events' strategy and vision by identifying key events, planning, managing and executing trade show and branded partner events
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs
- Manage budgets and resources effectively
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and activities with external vendors and event partners
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- In collaboration with key stakeholders (marketing, investments, public relations, etc.), coordinate event environment (booth set-up, signage, branding, etc.) and manage execution of events onsite (on-site meetings, speaking events, etc.).
- Analyze event operations and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within the events
- Remove roadblocks and troubleshoot issues to ensure smooth event execution
- Provide post event analysis, budget recaps, internal feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans
- Ensure our event presence is on strategy and consistent
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience in corporate event coordination
- Direct experience managing large event budgets
- Direct experience leading diverse teams (employees, vendors, contractors) without authority to deliver on a shared vision and goal
- Exceptional leadership, team-building, collaborative skills developing and working with high performing teams who understand business and audience needs
- The ability to travel as needed including to event sites for multiple days
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel and event technologies (eg. Cvent)
- BA/BS from an accredited university preferred
- Experience working with a technology company is a plus
We are smart, passionate and ambitious group of professionals who love coming to work every day - we hope you will too! We offer competitive salaries, pre-IPO equity, 100% covered medical insurance for employee and dependents, ORCA passes and a well-stocked office just steps from Westlake Center and Pike Place Market.
Founded by Andy Sack, a Seattle-area entrepreneur and mentor to early-stage companies, Lighter Capital was one of the first lenders to use revenue-based financing to fund tech startups. Since 2012, we’ve provided over $125 million in growth capital to over 275 startups.
Our goal is to revolutionize the business of startup finance and help founders maintain control of their companies—and their destinies. Check out more about how it works here.
Thursday, November 15, 2018