Sr. Software Developer- East Coast (Raleigh- Durham)
- Raleigh, NC
Critigen - Empowering Business Decisions Through Spatial Insights
Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and geospatial systems development. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and integrated systems to drive enterprise collaboration and business performance for our public and private clients. With our top-tier partnerships and a full-lifecycle approach, Critigen delivers all components of a geospatial program: data collection, spatial processing, analytics and intelligence, application development, and mobile solution development.
Critigen is looking for a Senior Software Developer with a depth of open source technology experience and the ability to handle the entire software development life cycle, end to end. The successful candidate has the opportunity to join a team developing new custom spatial products. The ideal candidate possesses excellent problem-solving abilities, thorough knowledge of software development methodologies, ability to self-manage projects, and be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment. The desired candidate lives on the East Coast and works remotely from their home office.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or other relevant degree.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in developing web applications using open source technologies.
- 3 years’ minimum experience architecting and developing AngularJS (version 1.x) web applications.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in leading project teams using Agile methodologies.
- Senior level experience implementing UI styling using CSS Preprocessors (LESS/SASS).
- Demonstration of code approach and architecture designs that follow industry standards and good programming practices.
- Understanding of common open source code repositories and team development practices (GitHub/Bitbucket, branch, merging, commits, repo administration).
- Excellent work habits, organizational, project management skills and flexible enough to roll with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in a virtual environment, with both team members and client staff.
- Application development experience.
- API development and implementation in NodeJS/ExpressJS preferred
- GIS open source technology development or experience (PostgreSQL/PostGIS, GeoServer, OpenLayers, Leaflet, MapBox GL, MapBox Tile Server, OSM).
- Experience with cloud resourcing, specifically AWS (EC2, RCS, S3) and/or Azure.
- Experience with custom web or mobile data collection and management solutions.
- Passionate about clean, solidly documented, semantic code.
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Wednesday, March 27, 2019