Senior CAD Engineer
- Seattle, Washington
Impinj is the market leader in connecting everyday physical items to the Internet. We have connected more than 25 billion since our inception. We envision and are driving a future in which everyday physical items have digital counterparts, digital twins, in the cloud, and in which businesses and people engage with trillions of those physical items via their digital twins. Our mission is to deliver a platform that powers that item-to-cloud connectivity. Our vision and platform today enhance businesses efficiencies and, ultimately, we believe will improve peoples’ lives.
Our Silicon Engineering team is seeking a Senior CAD Engineer. In this role you would be working with the ASIC design teams to design the next generation RAIN RFID tag and reader ICs. The successful candidate will have the desire and ingenuity to solve difficult problems.
What you will do:
- Support a wide range of automation tools, including analog design, digital design, layout (both manual and automated), static timing tools and library characterization.
- Develop PDK (process development kit) elements, including DRC and LVS decks, model files and timing files.
- Work alongside designers to help debug and sometimes automate design tasks and be a liaison between designers and tool vendors.
- Specify workstation and server systems, develop Linux OS installation and maintenance scripts, administer and support user accounts.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- BS in Electrical Engineering (MS EE preferred) or a related field
- 5+ years in a design and/or design automation field
- Experience with Cadence Analog tools (Virtuoso, Spectre, ADE), Synopsys Digital tools (Design Compiler, IC Compiler, PrimeTime), and/or Mentor verification tools (Calibre).
- Proficiency in one or more programming and Scripting Languages (Cadence Skill, Perl, Python, Ruby, Unix shell, C, C++, Web development)
- Experience working with CMOS silicon processes
- User knowledge of the Linux Operating System
The following skills aren't required, but will make you more well-rounded:
- Cadence PCell development
- DRC and LVS rule deck development for the Mentor Calibre and/or Cadence PVS tools
- Administering the Linux Operating System
- Synopsys SiliconSmart library characterization tools
- PCB tools: Cadence Allegro/OrCad, Altium Designer
- Administering FlexLM licenses
- Subversion, Git, or other version control systems
- EDA Design Management systems
Impinj is a fantastic place to work. We're small enough to know everyone, but big enough to have room to grow. We have open Q&A with our executive team weekly. We work in a beautiful office in South Lake Union. We take time to celebrate our accomplishments, and value collaboration and teamwork highly. We have open-ended time off policies and respect the need for good work/life balance. We're on a mission to change the world with technology. Come join us.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019