Human Resources Director
- Seattle, WA
Lighter Capital is a 55 person Seattle based fintech company that has created a new fundraising path for early-stage tech companies. Our transparent, data-driven, tech-enabled process provides entrepreneurs financing quickly without making them give up equity or board seats. We work with hundreds of visionary startup CEOs each year and our products are truly disrupting the start-up finance industry.
We are currently hiring for an HR Director to join our growing team! We are looking for someone to own all aspects of HR and support our team as we continue to scale our business. This role requires the expertise to develop and implement HR practices including training and onboarding, performance management, employee relations, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Champion employee engagement through impactful HR leadership and provide counsel in support of the company’s business objectives
- Develop and maintain comprehensive training programs designed to effectively onboard new employees, support people manager development and enhance employee skills
- Thoroughly investigate and manage employee relations situations, providing coaching or counseling when appropriate
- Develop and maintain performance-based employee programs
- Partner with the company’s leadership to create and maintain internal HR services and systems
- Recommend and update personnel policies and practices
- Oversee and maintain all pay and benefit programs including job leveling company-wide and market compensation analyses
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ experience in an HR role, preferably in a growing company
- SHRM or PHR certification required
- Ability to be self-directed and lead/manage projects to completion
- Recruiting experience preferred
- Ability to establish credibility and trust with employees
- Proven experience writing and developing training and onboarding materials
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and achieve results
- The willingness to take ownership of assignments, self-motivate, and take initiative
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines; prioritize workload as necessary to meet the business needs
We are smart, passionate and ambitious group of professionals who love coming to work every day - we hope you will too! We offer competitive salaries, pre-IPO equity, 100% covered medical insurance for employee and dependents, ORCA passes and a well-stocked office just steps from Westlake Center and Pike Place Market. Founded by Andy Sack, a Seattle-area entrepreneur and mentor to early-stage companies, Lighter Capital was one of the first lenders to use revenue-based financing to fund tech startups. Since 2012, we’ve provided over $120 million in growth capital to over 250 startups.
Our goal is to revolutionize the business of startup finance and help founders maintain control of their companies—and their destinies. Check out more about how it works here.
Monday, October 22, 2018