Sr. Software Development Engineer- US/Remote
- Seattle, WA
Senior Software Development Engineer
Reports to: Director, Engineering
Department: Software Engineering
While we have offices in Seattle & Las Vegas, we are seeking the best talent to join our team and will consider REMOTE/TELEWORK options for candidates located anywhere in the US.
Do you love the prospect of eliminating manual activities and defining infrastructure with code? Are you seeking a flexible work environment with supportive leadership that prioritizes enabling engineering teams?
If you love working with a team that is passionate about what they do and how they do it; if you seek a fun work life that fosters an environment of professional and personal growth while celebrating people of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities; we want to meet you. Let's change the world together!.
This position is a core team member of one or more projects and responsible for troubleshooting and providing solutions to routine problems. Will exercise sound judgement within defined procedures and practices when engaging both internal and external teams on resolving problems.
- Create and maintain new features end-to-end across an entire product, from inception to design to implementation to deliver to the customer.
- Collaborate with product/program managers and business stakeholders to offer the most appropriate technical solution to customer requirements. Recommend options when a proposed solution is not technically feasible, cost-effective, or impractical in the desired timeframe.
- Contribute directly to major, cloud scale architecture decisions.
- Contribute to developing loosely-coupled, RESTful service-oriented architectures with a bias for simple, elegant solutions.
- Design services and create APIs from scratch based on vetted customer requirements.
- Assist in the selection, evaluation, and integration of Open Source solutions, programming languages, and third party hosted solutions.
- Perform dev-ops to drive continuous improvement with operational metrics and maintain low, live-site overhead.
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across iStreamPlanet’s platform and infrastructure to understand the underlying driver of high availability and lead the assessment of all failures to determine root causes and drive fixes.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring to other team members.
- Advocate and drive improvement of the team’s agile development processes.
- Lead small teams in the implementation of customer and system solutions.
- Unit test, load test, and document all code to ensure that solutions are correct and maintainable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or software-related field of study or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of one or more industry-standard languages (e.g. Go/C/C++/C#/Java/Swift/Python).
- Proven experience of storage basics, load balancers, and proxies.
- Experience working with Open Source solutions.
- Experience with industry-standard database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Cloudata or cloud solutions from AWS, Google, etc.).
- Experience with OpenSSL, Bouncy Castle or other cryptography libraries and tools.
- Experience working in virtualized, cloud environments.
- Highly competent design skills utilizing patterns and frameworks.
- Ability to ramp up on distributed architectures quickly to understand important scalability and reliability issues and apply data to inform and improve those issues.
- Proven ability to work and problem solve independently/collaboratively, to organize workload and priorities, high-quality execution, technical innovation/adaption, and initiative.
Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree in technology or software-related field of study or equivalent experience.
- Experience with multiple compilers and operating systems.
- Experience developing web-based UI.
- Experience architecting, designing, and building large scale distributed systems
- Strong understanding of industry-standard network principles (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast, DNS, Virtual LAN, RTP, SSL/TLS).
- Experience with socket programming
- Experience with any of the following: certificate generation/validation, scalable storage technology, X.509 certificates/certificate chains/ digital signatures, and AES/SHA1/SHA2/RSA algorithms and PKI fundamentals.
- Flexible work hours and work from home options
- Accessible and transparent leadership team
- Paid time off every year to volunteer and generous paternity leave
- Medical, dental, vision benefits, 401(k) plan with a company match
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WHO ARE WE:
iStreamPlanet is one of the largest streaming platforms in the world for broadcasters; doing thousands of events a year such as March Madness, World Cup, and even the Olympics. You probably have not heard of us but we power some of the most well-known media brands in the world. Our mission is to provide a one stop platform for the media industry as they convert from traditional broadcast to all online streaming over the next decade. We are backed by giants such as WarnerMedia (owners of Warner Brothers, HBO, Turner, etc.) and are at the heart of changing how you get your sports and entertainment in the future.
iStreamPlanet Co., LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. iStreamPlanet does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Monday, December 9, 2019