Beauty Quest Group
- Stamford, CT
ABOUT Beauty Quest Group
BQG is a leader in professional hair care, a leading integrated manufacturer and marketer of branded and private label hair care, color, and styling products to professional salons and specialty retailers. BQG sells a wide range of hair care products under its own brands, Aquage, RUSK, and One ‘n Only, as well as Private Label brands for leading retailers.BQG also provides contract manufacturing services to other leading marketers of hair care and other topical products.
The ideal candidate will offer both business strategy leadership and hands on management and will have experience building teams and processes in a carve-out environment. The Corporate Controller will lead the Accounting teams to ensure accurate financial reporting and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Responsibilities also include ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and filings and the ability to design and ensure effectiveness of internal controls, proper risk management and compliance, balancing with establishing streamlined processes that aligns with business needs.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a mid-size company setting, building processes and systems from the ground up and is eager to partner with key team members to offer sound advice.In addition, initial focus areas will include building accounting process improvement and organizational efficiencies to drive business growth, and implementation of a new ERP system.
This position will report to the CFO and will manage a small accounting team.This position is located at the BQG main office in Stamford CT.
- Direct the strategic priorities and activities within the Accounting Department.Manage the accounting team and function and offer day-to-day guidance.Ensure cross-training and information sharing is in place to support a lean and high functioning F&A team.
- Oversee multi-national Accounting shared-services function.
- Ensure the monthly, quarterly and annual financial consolidation and reporting processes are completed in a timely manner, providing management with insightful and accurate financial information to support business decisions
- Maximize operating results through analysis, reporting, and partnering with key business unit leaders to develop strategies and actions.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the accounting team and business leaders for complex topics including revenue recognition, tax compliance, global entity structure, ERP system design & implementation.
- Assure compliance with all accounting standards in accordance with U.S. GAAP, maintaining records, policies, and practices that are compliant with federal, state and local government laws and regulations.
- Develop monthly financial reporting and quarterly updates for management, lenders and the Board of Directors.
- Monitor liquidity and cash position through cash forecasting to optimize working capital and support the growth of the business.
- Managing all outsourced tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Manage the external relationships with auditors and tax advisors.
- Support Accounting Team with completion of various ad hoc research and issue resolution projects.
- Work with CEO and equity partners on strategic business initiatives.
- Foster a culture that embraces teamwork and cross company collaboration and communication.
- Demonstrated leadership with 10+ years of accounting and financial management experience in a CPG manufacturing setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and multi-national business consolidations
- Strong reporting, analysis, and presentation skills.
- Experience working with a variety of ERP systems and finance/accounting reporting tools.Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite at an expert level.An orientation toward utilizing technology as a key business tool.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities & deadlines.
Beauty Quest Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Monday, August 19, 2019