Senior Software Engineer (Node.js)
- Seattle, WA
Senior Software Engineer - Node.js
- Make a positive difference in other people's lives through your work - we’re not selling ads - we’re revolutionizing healthcare for all
- Make a big contribution across the entire product stack in a small, passionate team
- Enjoy our fancy digs in the Smith Tower
Xealth, one of Geekwire’s 10 most exciting startups, is growing!
We’re improving healthcare for everyone by enabling doctors and patients to easily access digital content and services that are relevant, timely, and targeted. Incubated at Providence, we’re disrupting healthcare from the inside and are on a mission to change lives through technology.
- Join a small team writing reusable, testable code
- Architect efficient, scalable web applications
- Design and develop RESTful Web Services, APIs, and other interfaces to 3rd party EMR systems like Epic and Cerner
- Work in a cross-functional team that reaches across our entire product
- Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently, speak up when you see issues
- Make a real, positive difference in other people's lives through your work
- Other interesting tasks as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of fullstack or backend development experience working on SaaS, web applications, cloud, or related in an Open Source (and/or public cloud) environment
- Degree in Computer Science, ideally including coursework in algorithms, data structures, software design, operating systems, and/or strong CS fundamentals
- Experience with Open Source technologies, particularly Linux or Docker containerization on the public cloud
- Have worked with large amounts of data, or built data streams utilizing AWS, Kinesis, Athena, or similar
- Public code or a cool personal project to share
- An interest in the healthcare industry
- A desire to learn and expand your abilities in a small, cross-functional team
Xealth enables healthcare teams to order digital content and services as easily as they do medications today. Patients can then access these digital health prescriptions from the provider's portal, so that they can actively manage their health - improving both client care, and the doctor-client relationship.
Xealth was incubated in Providence Ventures last year with an open charter to disrupt healthcare. Based in Seattle, the company was founded by the team of serial entrepreneurs behind Swype, an innovative keyboard that shipped on over one billion phones, and Boost Mobile, now Sprint's prepaid mobile service generating over five billion in revenue.
We’re energized by the idea that we can help both doctors and patients be better, and landed an initial investment of $8.5 million last June.
Friday, December 14, 2018