Principal Site Reliability Engineer
- Dallas, TX
Site Reliability Engineer
Boston, MA (or remote with up to 80% travel)
- Literally “mission critical”- apply your engineering skills to serve your country in matters of national security
- Focus on scale, automation, and high-availability platforms for our service members around the globe
- Opportunity to lead the application of modern cloud best practices into government systems
F9 Teams has partnered with the U.S. Air Force to build Kessel Run, a flagship software development organization that’s been tasked with rapidly modernizing the way we build, deploy, scale, and run software in support of national security operations around the globe.
On a mission to bring modern cloud best practises to the Air Force, we’re are looking multiple experienced Site Reliability Engineers to lead Kessel Run’s SRE team. You’ll join a group of diverse, passionate engineers from all manner of backgrounds, responsible for solving complex problems related to cloud service infrastructure and build automation. Together, we’ll revolutionize the way software is developed in the government sector, and tackle citicial problems that impact everyone.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at F9 Teams, you will:
- Lead engineering teams to design, build, and deploy automation software needed to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Kessel Run’s global platform
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system view while addressing risks and concerns regarding infrastructure reliability to ensure mission success
- Work cross-team to ensure Kessel Run supports unique environments, and to design solutions to meet specific stakeholder needs
- Work on cutting-edge security solutions for critical infrastructure with the largest attack surfaces you’ll find anywhere
- Automate processes that have never before been automated, both for technology delivery and instrumentation workflows that span classified and unclassified networks
- Code. Deploy. Win.
And we think you’d be the perfect contribution to our team, if you:
- Are passionate about sharpening the Air Force and ensuring that they are able to complete their mission with minimal risk to human life
- Are passionate about training the Air Force to do software development and want to see them acquire and build systems in a cost efficient and well thought out manner
- Have deployed scalable containerized applications (Docker/Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Mesos)
- Have experience with Java or other JVM-based languages
- Have worked with multiple cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, etc.)
- Bring hands-on experience with major PaaS solutions (Pivotal Cloud Foundry or OpenShift) and CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, or Pivotal Concourse)
- Are passionate about automation, and believe nothing should ever be done manually twice
- Bonus points: SECRET / TOP SECRET clearance (not a must have) or hands-on experience with AWS GovCloud
As a Site Reliability Engineer at F9 Teams you’ll join a passionate group of industry and technology leaders utilizing their knowledge to change the game in the government sector. You’ll solve real-world problems in a truly mission critical environment while working in a flexible environment that encourages you to take risks. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, and diverse group and that’s bringing modern software development methodologies to a realm that impacts everybody, everyday.
Wednesday, November 28, 2018