Sr. Software Developer/Architect
- Seattle, WA
Critigen is a technology company with core competencies in (geo)spatial and project delivery. We leverage location data, visualization, and integrated systems to drive improved collaboration and enhanced performance for our public and private clients. With expansive technical expertise, UX focus and an adaptive delivery approach, Critigen delivers a spectrum of services across the technology lifecycle; data collection, spatial processing, analytics and visualization, web and mobile development, and product strategy and delivery.
We develop innovative applications using the best technology out there. Our Analysts and Developers play a key role in helping our clients make sense of complex data that makes important information visible. We are curious by nature and serve as valued consultants to our clients. Our developers enjoy the freedom to explore new tools and methods, and apply them in a collaborative, team environment.
We’re looking for a senior level, experienced engineer with a broad spectrum of skills to join us in dreaming up creative solutions, to our clients’ challenges. This role offers the opportunity to develop solutions and be involved in developing and leading teams. We use a variety of tools at Critigen, so it’s important that you have experience working with different platforms and frameworks and, just as important, learning new ones. You must be flexible and adept in handling new requirements, evolving goals and emerging technical issues. Our team is based in Seattle WA but living and working remote is a possibility.
You will be responsible for a variety of backend architecture and development tasks, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and implementation of simple to complex data models supporting data rich web applications.
- Development and implementation of APIs supporting CRUD, a variety of different authentication methods, file uploads, cloud service integration, server-side processes and related backend functionality.
- Extensive database procedural programming, with an emphasis on spatial data and database specific spatial tools.
- Data integration with external systems or external system outputs.
- Install and configure web server and database technologies.
- Identify, implement and manage required environment architecture for project needs, emphasis on cloud services (AWS & Azure).
- Utilize common code repositories to store, manage and maintain source code.
- Documentation of architecture, development, process or other required project information.
- Design and development follow industry standards, established methodologies and best practices.
- Understand front-end development and feature requirements enough to interpret back-end requirements and meet front-end development needs.
- Provide technical direction and estimates for prospective project work.
- A mentor to other team members and looked to for innovative and creative technical solutions.
- Excellent communicators that can work in a fast-paced virtual work environment and be comfortable working in the agile development process.
- 5+ years’ experience in architecting and integrating database solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience in developing custom APIs for web applications.
- Extensive procedural/transactional SQL experience.
- Data and system integration experience.
- Team leadership experience.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver.
- Development experience on a variety of database platforms.
- Experience with a variety of server based operating systems.
- Able to manage code with a code repository (GitHub, Bitbucket) and familiar with a variety of desktop IDEs.
- Passionate about clean, strongly documented, sematic code.
- Great work habits, organizational, project management skills and flexible enough to roll with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills in a virtual work environment and ability to utilize a variety of work place tools (Skype, Slack, Microsoft Teams).
- Extensive experience with PostgreSQL and PostGIS.
- Experience with custom API development using NodeJS/ExpressJS.
- Experience with custom data collection and management solutions.
- Experience with spatial data management, consumption, manipulation, curation, analysis and storage (PostGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS API, GeoServer, OpenLayers, OpenStreetMap).
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RCS, S3) and/or Azure.
- Front-end development experience.
- Experience with DevOps tools (Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Vagrant).
Critigen is growing rapidly and taking on new, exciting challenges in the technology sector. If this sounds like the perfect position for you, provide us your resume and let us know your interests
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Wednesday, March 27, 2019