Release Manager / Senior Tester
- Seattle, WA
At Globys, we develop a cloud-based billing portal platform that enables business customers of all sizes to self-serve and securely transact with their providers. Our platform is used by companies around the world, including T-Mobile, Vodafone, and Telstra, to deliver exceptional portal experiences to their customers while significantly reducing costly manual processes. Our patented technology processes massive amounts of data and provides end users with a unified and personalized view of their accounts and services. This is an opportunity to work with large scale data systems and visualizations to solve real-world business problems for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
We are looking for a Release Manager/Senior Tester to join our Seattle team.
In the Release Manager role, you will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management and deployment of successful releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects and programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
As Senior Tester, you will work with software requirements to plan and execute all levels of testing for a database-driven Internet application. Responsibilities include automated and black box & white box testing. This role will require industry best practices for development while working with billing data and very large databases on a Microsoft SQL Server platform. The Implementation process involves the transformation of customer specific billing data and e-billing reporting requirements into a standard Globys product application configuration and data structure. The ability to perform complex data analysis will play a vital role in the successful candidate’s day to day tasks.
This role will propose improvements and automations around the testing and deployment functions. The Release Manager/Senior Tester works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
- Proactively learn new technologies to improve the depth of testing.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Proactively engage Engineering management (QA Lead, VP of Engineering) on issues that might affect deployment and release stability.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Provide metrics / KPIs around the release and deployment in agreement with the QA Lead.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Produce Deployment, Run Books, and Implementation Plans.
- Weekly Release Reporting.
- Negotiate, plan, and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work to improve the release process.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to current configuration management needs.
- Write and execute clear and concise test plans, test cases, test scripts, and defect reports.
- Review functional and design specification documents and provide feedback.
- Perform functional testing, security and access validation, regression testing, installation testing, test data definition, backend testing and environment maintenance.
- 5+ years of testing experience, including automated testing
- 3+ years of release management experience
- Experience with .NET, ASP, COM, and/or VB development
- Experience testing database-driven applications and testing websites
- Ability to understand use cases and provide feedback on functional specifications and design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Ability to work extremely well independently, with strong self-direction and initiative, as well as within a team structure
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high quality results
- Strong decision making and analysis skills
- Experience in Internet software applications
- Experience with an iterative Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and testing methodologies
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise applications
- 2+ years of experience C#- support of Microsoft legacy technologies a plus
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- 2+ years of experience with middle-tier and/or data transformation
- Telecom & ETL experience a plus
- Data modeling and design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, CIS and/or relevant work experience
Preferred experience in at least 3 of the below:
- Microsoft PowerShell hands-on experience
- JQuery and React hands-on experience
- VMWare working environment experience
- Node.js hands-on experience
- Selenium hands-on experience
- NUnit hands-on experience
- 1+ year relevant work experience with a focus on telecommunication billing systems such as Atlas, ICMS, Amdocs, etc
Tuesday, April 2, 2019