SR People Ops Consultant (Reverb)
- Seattle, Washington, United States
- Want to work with cool, emerging companies?
- Dream of diverse projects that let you be equal parts strategic and hands-on?
- Long to be part of a team where you can do your best work in a way that is authentically you?
- Wish you could be on a first-name basis with your CEO and be asked to share your ideas regularly with her and a team who values what you bring to the table?
Be the person who is envied by many because you love what you do, and you love where you do it. Reverb is a special place where many want to be because of how we are changing the way people operations are done. Those that want access, impact and challenge come here because we have it in mass. We also have a lot of fun along the way, too!
The Fast Facts
Company Industry: People Operations Consulting Services
Title: SR. People Operations Consultant
Reports to: Founder, CEO
Location: Seattle, WA
Employment: 1099 Contractor
Travel Required: Minimal
Reverb is a fast-growing HR consulting firm based in Seattle’s historic Pioneer Square. We are a certified WBENC firm who supports Seattle’s startup community, women in tech, and emerging leaders. We are proud sponsors of Startup Grind Seattle, the Female Founders Alliance and the HR Collective. Our team of senior consultants provides strategic and hands-on people operations leadership to startups at every stage of growth. We enable businesses to thrive by meeting them where they are, offering a flexible mix of services to help them grow quickly. Our magic is in making high quality, right-sized people operations available to every company, every day. Some would say it isn’t magic, just great work by exceptional people backed by solid principles.
When you come to Reverb, it’s not just about getting your hands on a program or a project at a client site; your charter is to delight clients while helping them grow. Through your contributions, you will be changing how people operations are engaged and empowered. Not for the faint of heart!
Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and embrace all social identities that are inclusive and not rooted in harm or oppression. We are open, collaborative and transparent and we believe in an authentic engagement at all levels. Our unique culture is built on five core values:
- Exceptional: We believe in great work and are not only capable, but passionate about what they do.
- Flexible: We do what works for each client; we meet them where they are. Work is delivered when, where and how it is needed, tailored to meet the client’s needs.
- Kind: We assume the best intentions and listen with curiosity when differences arise. We give others the benefit of the doubt.
- Principled: We do what’s best for our team, clients, vendors and community. No exceptions.
- Collaborative: We share information, ask for help and win together. Everyone does their part to create and nurture a culture where people can be themselves and do their best work.
Our business is growing, and we have opportunities for a Senior People Ops Consultant. The ideal addition to our team will have 15+ years of experience and be well-rounded in HR Leadership skills to assist our clients with a variety of needs ranging from the strategic to hands-on and every space in between.
The Senior People Ops Consultant is responsible for supporting their client’s needs and curating results and solutions for the scope of work defined for each client. The work that you do in each engagement can look something like:
- Understand the client business and bring curiosity and passion for assessing where they are and what is needed, helping to prioritize what will help make them successful
- Assist with the creation and implementation of basic or foundational HR items such as an employee handbook, compliance, onboarding/offboarding processes, performance review processes, or employee relation issues.
- Act as an advisor to the leadership team regarding People Ops functions and an employee resource regarding workplace issues or concerns.
- Develop project plans with detailed objectives, milestones, activities, timelines, and assignments through the multiple project phases (e.g., concept, design, approval, implementation).
- Schedule & facilitate project meetings and cross-functional collaboration and deliverables. Prepare and present project meeting materials.
- Guide discussions and drive engagement across multiple stakeholders with competing priorities to deliver meaningful results. Manage expectations through solid contracting and negotiation skills.
While our consultants have varied backgrounds filled with valuable experiences, we look for a consistent set of things that have the best potential for success. They include:
- Undergraduate degree, with graduate degree preferred in a related field
- Fifteen+ (15+) years of experience working with multi-discipline client groups and leaders at multiple levels
- Demonstrated project management/program management skills in multiple people disciplines
- Service orientation and solution focus
- Demonstrated consulting mindset with the ability to build effective relationships built on trust, respect and shared purpose
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Compelling verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to senior leadership
- Proven ability to drive and lead processes while achieving results and sharing ownership
- Ability to analyze issues from multiple viewpoints and develop effective alternatives and action plans
- Knowledge of state and federal laws that apply to people operations
If this sounds like the kind of work you long to do and the kind of team you see yourself in, we invite you to reach out to start the conversation.
Friday, July 5, 2019