- Seattle, WA
Job Title: Business Analyst
Department: Project Management Office
Reports to: VP, Project Management
The Business Analyst position partners with key stakeholders to ensure successful business and investment outcomes through effective project planning, scope management, resource allocation, risk mitigation, cost management and stakeholder communication. This position reports to the VP of Project Management.
Essential Job Responsibilites
- Review project requests to understand issues, develop and document business needs/ use cases.
- Elicit and refine requirements from stakeholders.
- Develop project scope, validate assumptions and identify potential constraints.
- Research potential solutions based on available resources - technical, operational, data, etc.
- Make recommendations to stakeholders on behalf of the organization.
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specification documents to communicate business needs for technical development.
- Analyze the produced/ delivered solution to ensure it meets business unit requirements.
- Identify and document functional support requirements.
- Assist line of business in creating appropriate process documentation.
- Engage in training and education with business unit to ensure they understand the deliverable and supporting procedures.
- Develop reporting metrics to evaluate the deliverables of the project and the benefit to the firm.
- Work with business lines to troubleshoot existing business processes and reduce/ eliminate bottlenecks; develop business processes across the firm to increase operational efficiencies.
- Identify areas for improvement across existing processes and future opportunities.
- Make recommendations to business units to capitalize on opportunities.
- Review and track process automation metrics for reporting business units.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years demonstrated business analysis or project management experience within financial services or related industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in analyzing and documenting business requirements.
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis skills.
- Experience with project methodologies and the ability to work with teams that utilize both to deliver project and program deliverables.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, as well as in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook); ability to learn new software systems and train others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, business management information systems, or closely related field required.
- Business Analysis Certificate preferred.
- License Required: Series 7.
- Solid business acumen, conceptual, analytical, organizational, leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent teamwork, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Strong relationship building and supervision skills.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet the physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Wednesday, October 17, 2018