DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Software Engineer / Production Support
Location: Wilmington, DE 19803
Experience Level: 3-5 + years
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Production Support program. The Production Support program currently consists of two domains: The management and support of the production job schedule and the monitoring/alerting/escalation/resolution process for technology incidents. The ideal candidate would be able to provide technical and process support to all domains, with a focus on monitoring and alerting.
Duties & Responsibilities
·Design and implement application/infrastructure performance and event-based monitors and alerts.
·Support process improvements to continuously improve the stability and performance of the application portfolio.
·Identify system bottlenecks and opportunities for process improvements.
·Monitor the daily batch job schedule and triage/remediate/escalate failures.
·Follow documented escalation/resolution procedures in response to application performance alerts.
·Effectively triage technology issues and report status updates to appropriate stakeholders.
·Coordinate and work with third-party technical support teams.
·Development and maintenance of supporting documentation.
·Prioritize workload, provide timely and accurate resolutions.
·3-5 years of professional experience in the field of information and technology
·Demonstrated skills with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools (Ex: New Relic, Datadog, AppDynamics, CA Wily Introscope, etc.).
·Experience with log analysis/management tools (Ex: Sumo Logic, Splunk, ELK, etc.).
·Experience with Python, SQL or Java debugging
·Experience with Linux and Windows platforms
·Participation in a remote, on-call rotation.
· Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
·Strong documentation skills.
·Strong analytical skills.
·Strong organizational skills.
·Ability to multi-task /change focus quickly.
·Must be a team player.
·Experience with production batch workloads.
·Experience with file transfers.
·Hands on AWS experience.
· Strong sense of ownership - Feeling of personal accountability for all areas directly or indirectly supporting the business/service area. Willingness to drive people on all sides of an issue to a common understanding and then drive them toward resolution.
· Communication – Able to clearly communicate ideas in technical or business terms with senior business leadership, external vendors, their peers across IT, as well as their team.
· Leadership - Assess a situation, prioritize requirements, and then go out to any IT team and get support as needed.
· Self starter - Has a strong sense of self and purpose. Understands tasks and role, and does not need daily direction, yet maintains an open dialogue with stakeholders.