Account Executive - Alexandria, LA
- Bossier City, LA
- A High School Diploma or the equivalent is required
- Ability to make recommendations for solutions based on information gathered and analyzed from systems
- Consultative Seller, Must have track record of meeting and exceeding agreed upon sales plan
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required
- Demonstrated track record of excellent sales, negotiation, relationship building and closing skills and techniques are required
- CRM experience, preferably SalesForce.com
- Basic computer literacy desired
- Valid Drivers License Required
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
REMOTE TERRITORY- Alexandria, LA
Use your unique perspective to build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, and negotiate and close business deals. In this dynamic role you will collaborate with the team to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue in alignment with long-term strategic goals.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
Translate your keen insight of customer’s needs and drivers into sales that advance their success as a business … and of MSC’s success as an industry leader.
- Apply our unique insights to address customer’s priorities and reframe how they view their business to foster conversation based on customer needs, not capabilities.
- Use account planning tools, prescriptive analytics, and research from marketing to teach customers something new and compelling about their business that leads to differentiated solutions.
- Initiate commercial conversations with knowledge about a customer’s business, and identify opportunities to share important information.
- Identify key stakeholders, their objectives and metrics, and adjust messages accordingly.
- Incorporate economic drivers with deep knowledge of customer’s business, current macro/microeconomic and industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
- Clearly articulate customer’s business model, key cost drivers, growth paths, and value proposition.
- Conduct due diligence to understand customer value drivers, and leverage these drivers to influence a wide range of customer stakeholders.
- Establish value with the customer before discussing ROI/financial terms by qualifying and quantifying the impact of maintaining the status quo or pursuing competitors’ solutions.
- Drive momentum and proactively advance the purchase decision by assessing customer’s readiness to proceed at each stage of the buying process and setting clear next steps.
- Create constructive tension by leveraging facts from research, benchmark data, and best demonstrated practices to introduce new ideas that challenge the status quo and reveal to customer high costs they may have been incurring.
- Tailor presentations and commercial insight to customer’s industry, company and contact and deliver relevant messages based on current industry trends that will impact their business.
- Research industry trends that impact all customers and become recognized as a trusted advisor on the industries they serve.
WHAT IT TAKES
The intellectually agile and professionally driven sales professional we seek should have these skills and competencies.
- Self-motivated to meet specific sales goals (1 year demonstrated track record of success in B2B sales preferred)
- Ability to create constructive tension and align stakeholders involved in the decision-making process to drive consensus to solutions
- Solid history of decision making, taking accountability, demonstrated competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles to success
- Strong interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and follow through
- Customer focus
- Teaching for differentiation
- Tailoring for resonance
- Taking control
- Instills trust
- Drives results
- Decision quality
- Develops talent
- Communicates effectively
- Manages conflict
- Situational adaptability
- Bachelor’s degree in business, industrial distribution, manufacturing or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite with Salesforce.com experience
Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
Friday, January 3, 2020