Clinical Manager - Labor and Delivery
- Westerville, OH
- Education: BSN Required
- Two or more years of recent clinical experience
- Current OH license
- Labor and Delivery experience
- Position hours: 3 weeks of evening shift (1500-0130)and 1 week of day shift per month
- Leadership/Management experience
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
We work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Our Clinical Managers, under the direction of their departmental leadership, plan, organize, staff, and direct patient care on a daily operational basis in accordance with the Ohio Nurse Practice Act. These front line leaders oversee the day-to-day operations of a given shift staff, including: Registered Nurses, Patient Care Support professionals, Scrub Techs, Unit Coordinators, and more.
- Provides daily clinical/operational oversight to their assigned department/unit/shift.
- Provides professional development and growth opportunities for staff members, problem solves concerns, and promotes our Mount Carmel just culture and culture of safety.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, orienting, counseling and evaluating of all employees, including staff evaluations and goal setting.
- Participate in 'leader rounding' on patients and staff alongside other clinicians, leaders, and patient experience professionals.
- Create and maintain personnel staffing schedules and equipment and regulatory requirements for a complex Level III Labor and Delivery area.
- Provides direct patient care as needed.
- Takes responsibility for chart audits, regulatory compliance management, clinical follow-ups, and physician/nurse collaboration projects.
- Champions process improvement and performance excellence initiatives. Serves as a change agent to improve productivity, patient flow, and staffing within the unit.
- Collaborates closely with neighboring departments and units to provide exceptional continuity of care and 24 hour accountability.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio.
- Two or more years of recent and relevant clinical experience required.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with clinical colleagues, patients, families, and leaders.
- Demonstrative ability to plan, organize, and manage patient care, including delegation to and supervision of other members of the patient care team.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Thursday, January 2, 2020