Senior Embedded Software Engineer Applications
- Lowell, MA
- BS in EE/CS with 8+ years of Embedded Software development experience or MS with 6+ years’ experience.
- Excellent understanding of IP networking, switching and ethernet protocols.
- Experience with design & development on multi-threaded, multi-processor and SoC platforms.
- Experience with Linux kernel and user space application development
- Strong expertise in C & C++ development and Object-oriented programming concepts.
- LTE protocols is a plus.
- Knowledge and working experience with GPS, Network Timing and 1588 Protocols
- Experience on Xilinx build tools (PetaLinux or Yocto based tools etc.)
- Excellent debugging skills using standard and advanced H/W and S/W debuggers (GDB, Lauterbach and JTAG ).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
We are hiring a Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Applications software) to design, develop and integrate Datapath, Networking and other Applications in embedded systems for a telecommunication product in our Lowell, MA office.
In this role you will participate in architecture decisions asl well as product and design processes. As a niche business looking to expand and modernize our suite of products we deal with some very interesting challenges, we are looking for someone who relishes the opportunities and demands that this setting provides. You’ll always be encouraged and expected to contribute ideas to improve our technology and products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and development of Linux kernel, user space drivers and applications.
- Programming SoCs and Multi-core processors at application software level.
- Design and implementation of ethernet and IP networking protocols.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of embedded software designs.
- Embedded software platform requirement analysis, architecture, design and development.
- Write functional, design and test specifications.
- Prototyping software for new products on very tight timelines.
- Assist junior engineers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with hardware and system engineering teams and stakeholders
Monday, March 30, 2020