Machine Learning Data Engineer
- Wilmington, DE
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Consumer financial technology (fintech) business that offers consumers low-rate personal loans up to $50,000 through its Best Egg® brand.
Experienced tremendous growth since its inception in 2014, with nearly $10B in consumer loans originated. Today, we’ve grown to over 200 employees, enjoy strong employee engagement scores and have been recognized numerous times as a best workplace in the mid-sized and fintech categories.
Fintech Data Science group creates world class models to power quality decisions that help our customers receive funds quickly. As we quickly grow and expand our product offerings, we are seeing an ETL Data Engineer to support the data science team. This is a critical role to support Data Scientists as machine learning models are released into production.
You are a good fit for this role if, in addition to strong core SQL / Python / Spark skills you have excellent ad-hoc problem-solving capabilities and strong communication skills within a team. You will enjoy our inclusive and diverse culture that values out of the box thinking and supporting each other in leveraging latest data-driven technologies.
Key to success is thriving within a fast paced, multi-project environment with your own personal sense of urgency and great sense of humor.
- Data Support and managing Data Dictionary for data science team (ETL, auditing, cleaning, Data pipeline)
- Support ML Model production releases (automation, testing, deploying)
- Support Customer data curation, development, and testing
- Be the SQL/Python/Spark/EMR/Snowflake expert on the team and help with data wrangling
- Help maintain and optimize the technical backend of Data Science (Dataiku, Python,EMR, Linux, etc..)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, MIS or related field
- Advanced SQL and ETL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- 5+ years’ experience in Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Mining, or related field
- Experience in programming languages SQL/Python/Spark/Snowflake
- Familiar with AWS S3, EC2, EMR.
- Familiar with Sagemaker
- Good understanding of data modeling and data warehousing principles
- Ability to solve problems and work directly with business SME’s
- Excellent documentation and general organization of ongoing tasks, including the ability to evaluate and question business rules
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Deliver updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- Excellent Communication Skills
Nice to have:
- Machine Learning Experience is a Plus.
- Big Data and Data Lake Experience is a Plus.
Tuesday, February 18, 2020