Job Description:As a member of the Systems Engineering team you will involve in defining detailed technical requirements and to achieve continued architectural and quality excellence in our small cell products. This is a highly technical position requiring in depth technical engagements and not high level approaches.
· Work with Product Marketing team and customers to converge on product requirements.
· Work with Engineering teams to define detailed Engineering requirements and system-level design, as well as providing architectural expertise and guidance.
· Perform theoretical analysis, simulations and define algorithms for current and future features of our LTE and 5G small cell products.
· As the Program Technical Lead, interface with customers on all technical matters of lab trials, friendly user testing and deployments.
· Engage with customers on explaining technical details of our products and propose solutions for customer specific requirements.
· Work with cross functional teams and lead technical activities for customer trials and deployments.
· Work with verification teams on devising and reviewing test plans.
· Propose new, creative solutions for tough, system-wide problems.
· Produce white papers and technical documents for customers and for internal teams.
· Review and provide feedback on technical documents written throughout the organization.
· Continually evaluate, influence and advance internal design efforts to improve product development processes and ensure carrier-class quality.
· Participate in industrial forums and standard bodies and represent objectives.
· Participate in academic conferences.
· Broad knowledge of systems engineering concepts (definition and analysis for requirements, performance, capacity, availability, reliability, scalability, etc)
· Proven expertise of LTE and 5G technologies and standards.
· Expertise in at least one or a few other wireless technologies: 5G, 3GPP standards, wifi, etc.
· Strong theoretical background in wireless communications.
· Demonstrated ability to mathematically analyze complex problems and to propose solutions for complex problem with considerations of performance, scalability and correctness.
· Expertise in simulation techniques and tools
· Experience in network protocols and architecting networking aspects of a carrier-class platform.
· Experience in designing and developing large-scale systems a plus.
· Experience in analyzing and responding to market requirements, RFIs, etc.
· Experience with system level testing and performance evaluation of wireless systems and familiarity with related tools.
· Practical experience with designing the 5TH generation wireless solutions a definite plus.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Required Education and Experience:
· Ph.D with 2+ years of industrial experience, MS with 5+ years. Well experienced engineers with BS degree may be considered.
· PhD or MS in EE or a related field.