5098 - Hospice Palliative care opportunity in Western Colorado
- United States, CO
Hospice Palliative Care Opportunity in Western Colorado
- Serve as a hospice and palliative care physician
- providing medical expertise to the team, seeing patients for symptom management and assuring appropriate admissions and discharges.
- The work week consists of attending team meetings, making patient visits in patient’s homes and facilities, as well as conducting some visits by telehealth.
- Physicians also are available to the team nurses for medication orders and work in cooperation with the hospice PharmD.
- Schedules are flexible and allow for a work pace that supports not only excellence in patient care but job satisfaction.
- Employer was recognized as Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work (2021).
- Start ASAP- Permanent job opportunity
- Very well established almost 30 years
- Serves over 2,500 patients each year
- Join a staff of 425 people and more than 1,200 volunteers
- Outpatient and facility provides inpatient hospice care in its beautiful 13-room unit. The center provides bereavement and counseling support to adults, and grief support to children and teens through their kids program.
- In 2021 a new service was launched - P.A.C.E. – Program for All Inclusive Care of the Elderly – that offers care in the home as an alternative to nursing home care.
- Practice consistently provides a higher standard of care per the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Hospice Survey than the majority of hospices in the United States.
- This is an award-winning organization.
- Enjoy over 300 days a year of sunshine! Western Colorado has world class ski resorts, hiking, river rafting and mountain biking.
- Home to towering monoliths and spectacular sheer-walled canyons.
- Year-round outdoor recreation as well as a ski resort.
- Lively downtown with restaurants, adventure stores
- Area is known for its wineries, peaches and music festivals.
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits, relocation reimbursement, and educational opportunities and medical malpractice insurance is also provided.
Thursday, February 3, 2022