Manufacturing Process Engineer
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Syracuse, NY
Overview: The Manufacturing Process Engineer defines, develops and improves manufacturing processes, utilizing product and manufacturing methods to be trouble free and ensure (zero defects) in accordance with product specifications. Successful candidate will apply sound engineering and validation principals to process design, and assists with equipment selection and drive implementation of new equipment. You will oversee projects to assure on-time/on budget implementation, monitor and maintain process controls. Conducts feasibility studies and is responsible for manufacturing process engineering and methods development and documentation in the machining processes sector.
- Creates and oversees standardized production procedures and develops process work instructions.
- Maintains all documentation for products, such as work instructions and revision drawings.
- Determines ways to minimize operating costs, such as equipment justification to enhance performance.
- Determines requirements for new manufacturing equipment needs and makes recommendations as necessary.
- Collaborates with colleagues on issues like cost projections and reduction, as well as run times.
- Interfaces with suppliers/outsourced repair technician regarding the manufacturing process.
- Utilizes 3D CAD software, working with suppliers to obtain the parts, and testing them.
- Assesses plant and equipment requirements and machinery layout to create an optimized work flow.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops, documents, configures, and optimizes manufacturing processes and process validation data/reports from inception through start up, certification, and ongoing production by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Designs, runs, tests, and upgrades machining production processes and systems.
- Proactively support the ISO process approach to quality management and the SyteLine MIS system.
Educational, Experience & Qualifications:
- 5 years experience as a Manufacturing Process Engineer preferably in Metal Fabrication Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) desirable
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Methods/Process Engineering
- Experience working with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE). Mastercam a plus.
- Experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, LabView)
- Superior computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite (particularly strong with Excel); ProEngineer/Creo/Solidworks or particular program utilized in Company preferred.
- Able to create 2-D or 3-D designs to run simulations, analyze, and tests
- Able to provide leadership or mentorship among team members; provide support and encourages collaboration
- Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Design, Understanding of CNC machine operation, programming, tooling change, set-ups, and process improvements.
- Lift up to 35 lbs.
Submit resume andsalary requirements for consideration. Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package. Direct hire, full-time.
Tuesday, January 22, 2019