Buyer / Purchasing Agent
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Batavia, NY
Remedy is assisting one of our manufacturing clients with filling their Buyer position! This is a full-time, permanent position with great benefits!
Position: Buyer / Purchasing Agent (At least 3 years' of buying experience. Purchasing within a manufacturing company preferred)
Who may apply: US Citizens. (Dual citizenship, visa statuses or permanent green cards are not eligible)
Hours: 8am-5pm Mon-Fri
Salary: $50,000-65,000 Annually depending on experience + (100% paid medical benefits, generous 401k contributions and matching, dental, vacation, paid holidays and more)
Travel: minimal travel (rare travel to suppliers; mostly regional day trips)
Manages Others: No
Under the direction of the Purchasing Supervisor and within assigned projects of responsibility, purchase materials, equipment, supplies, and services for high dollar value and complex engineered to order mechanical product. Identifies sources, interview vendors, maintains requisite files and records. Trouble shoots and expedites as necessary.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors for particular projects assigned to.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Will utilize the material requirements system and the inventory system the company uses to keep production functions working smoothly.
- Check orders going out and verify that shipments come in.
- Reviews and evaluates properly authorized requisition, identifies sources, and interviews vendor representatives; evaluates such criteria as quality, cost, conformance to specifications, availability, delivery, vendor performance history, etc.
- Reviews proposal from vendors and negotiates among acceptable bidders for contracts, keeping within budgetary limitations.
- Periodically evaluates recurring material order to determine pricing, service, etc. of vendors continues to be advantageous to the company.
- Reviews and checks vendors' invoices, receiving slips, credit memorandum, and other similar documentation.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree required. BS level education or equivalent experience in business and accounting areas
- Purchasing for manufacturing operations is highly preferred
- Finance background is helpful and preferred
- Demonstrated team skills (ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships based on win – win goals and objectives).
- Experience with ERP/MRP experience preferred
- Demonstrated effective communications (oral, written, & electronic) & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effective planning, organizing, computer, and decision-making skills.
Monday, December 3, 2018