Lead Shipping Specialist
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rochester, NY
Job Title: Lead Shipping Specialist
Summary: The Shipping & Receiving Team Leader is responsible for all tasks involved in the receiving, storage, and shipment of items received from suppliers or the production shop.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out team leader responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include normal shipping & receiving activities, as well as training employees, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems; supervises two Shipping & Receiving Assistant on one shift.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assign daily tasks based on employee knowledge, experience, and discussion with manager
- Train new employees.
- Assist in tracking employees progress and reports this information to the Planning & Inventory Manager
- Act as company point of contact for all shipping & receiving activities
- Package finished goods accurately and neatly
- Load, wrap, and band pallets for shipping
- Assist in loading and unloading of vehicles driven by couriers and/or freight drivers
- Maintain cleanliness of inventory area and equipment
- Identify errors and report them to the Planning & Inventory Manager
- Read packing lists and other forms used by major freight carriers to ensure accuracy
- Inspect received items for accurate count, description, and labeling
- Perform physical inventory counts and/or cycle counts as needed
- Make arrangements for pick-up by customer specified carriers
- Operate Pallet Jack and Fork Lift
- Perform related duties as needed by supervision
- Make recommendations for process improvement
- AES (Automated export system) filing for shipping International
- Experience arranging truck carriers for pickups.
- Forklift and sit-down experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Have knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to learn and use the UPS Worldship and FedEx programs
- Ability to become a licensed forklift truck operator
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or current pursuit of such required
Thursday, June 27, 2019