Iberica Die Cutter Operator
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Fairport, NY
SIGN ON BONUS!
Sets up and operates Iberica die cutter to process cartons to production and quality standards.
- Responsible for setup of sheet fed die cutter according to necessary specifications
- Monitor quality and make adjustments while press is running as required.
- Must know the proper rules such as cut, crease and perforation and their characteristics as far as thickness and hardness
- Validate setup of matrices and or counters as pertinent to job in progress and how they mount to press
- Ability to troubleshoot common issues related to downtime or quality issues when die cutting paperboard;
- Complete understanding of how dies are made, know nicking patterns, how rubbering works, and different rubbers available to maximize efficiency in machine operation
- Communicate with departing shift to learn status of job in progress
- Performs quality checks as required
- Must follow all applicable procedures and make recommendations for system improvements as identified.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of any quality, production or resource issues.
- Responsible for operating within policies & procedures, and maintaining compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements; including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety procedures and SafeStart practices.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years of related experience and/or training specific to sheet fed die cutting, preferably in the folding carton industry;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to keep accurate records, including the completion of all required forms; and the accurate use of different measuring devices including tape measures, and all other applicable gauges.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
Thursday, April 25, 2019