Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Buffalo, NY
Remedy is assisting one of our manufacturing clients with filling their EHS Manager position! This is a full-time direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and benefits.
Comprehensive relocation package is available.
This role requires a technical background to collaborate with engineers and other team members on capital projects to ensure Process Safety Management and compliance with OSHA 1910. If you're a strong leader and change-agent who drives a safety culture, apply today!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provides Leadership Team with observations, trends, and improvement recommendations on facility safety performance and employee health.
- Interprets issues to ensure compliance to standards and consistency across the Company, and to determine the applicability of regulatory requirements for the Site.
- Coordinates audit schedule and execution. Develops and implements plans to resolve any audit findings.
- Supports injury and illness recordkeeping and case management process, including maintaining relevant logs and documentation.
- Participates in field auditing and visibility for interactions with employees.
- Ensures capital plans include EHS improvements directed to reduce/eliminate risk injury and ensure regulatory across location.
- Develop an annual EHS Site Continuous Improvement Plan and drive EHS continuous improvement activities.
- Implement, update, and maintain site EHS managing processes and procedures.
- Manage the budget for the EHS department.
What You’ll Need To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant technical field - chemistry, biology or engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working at a manufacturing environment in an EHS capacity
- Working knowledge of EHS and Process Safety Management Systems (PSM).
- Demonstrated functional/technical expertise of federal regulations (OSHA and EPA – environmental protection agency).
- Strong leadership and change management skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas and changes clearly.
Tuesday, February 19, 2019