Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rochester, NY
Under general supervision performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities and equipment.
- Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry and painting tasks.
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs and carpets.
- Performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets. Changes filters on heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance problems. Inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
- Assists with the renovation/remodeling of building; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures.
- Uses tools ranging from common hand and power tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills and wrenches to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct, checking blueprints, repair manual and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storeroom.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- May perform other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 years related experience or training in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair.
- Advanced skills in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wednesday, January 9, 2019